Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new '07 Shelby GT350

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:07 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My new '07 Shelby GT350

ORIGINAL: bascho

No such thing as a 2007 Shelby GT350. If you're going to own the car then you should at least get the name right.
Don't hold back bascho, tell us what you really think. LOL
Old 04-13-2007, 05:11 PM
07SGT57
1st Gear Member

No such thing as a 2007 Shelby GT350. If you're going to own the car then you should at least get the name right.
thanks for the warm welcome =) . duhh!! When I was shopping for the car, I know it's a shelby gt. But then I saw it somewhere where they mentioned it being gt350. I asked the sales guy (ofcourse wanting to make the sale gave me wrong info). So okay it kinda made sense the way he explained it.Maybe he thought it would help to make the deal. To me I could care less, I like it because of the handling package and the improved air flow.

You need to chill man, a car is suppose to relieve you from stress and not cause you one. Thanks for your warm welcome!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:12 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I agree, not a GT350. Probably a Shelby GT.

Too bad the Shelby GT doesn't have 350hp stock
Old 04-13-2007, 05:13 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SGT350

Hello Forum,

I'm a new member. Ifinally got my Shelby GT350 yesterday after weeks of negotiating for the car. (will post pics soon)

Before this car I had a black'05 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (pretty rare,only 300 made black in the US). When I first got my MX-5 in'05,I told myselfthat Iwill keep the car forever. If you are not familiar with the MX-5, formerly known asMiata, they are the bestoverall roadster you can ever drive. 50/50 weight ratio, balanced power,impressive handling, light weight, and very reliable. I will post pics later.I am member of www.miataforum.com for years now, and they are all wonderful people.

There's alot to say but I don't want to bore you guys with a long story as to why I went from a go kart to a muscle car.

To the interesting part-
First, some of the things I'm nota big fan of:
- Fake hood scoop (not only that their fake, but it looks warped, not perfectly shaped)
- Decal stripes (it would have been great if they were painted, since their decals, it looks ricey)= I will talk more about this later because I feel like taking them off.
- Navigation (I mean c'mon it's a muscle car!! oh well i guess it's okay)

Other than that I really like the overall package of the shelby GT. From the extra power, handling, and looks, I believe it's an instant classic. I want to talk more but I'm at work so I'll give more info later.

Lawrence
Sounds to melike you should've just gotten a base GT with a ford handling pack.

-You don't like navigation(i'll trade you for my shaker500)
-You didn't want the stripes and think they are ricey
-You don't like the hood scoop and think it looks warped

concluding my theory that you should've just bought a base GT and done what you wanted to not make it "ricey". I'm sure other guys on here with vinyl stripes are going to love how you bash their stripes by calling them ricey. I don't personally have stripes by the way but I don't think calling them ricey was the best idea because you owned a miata(american chick car)before you owned a real car.

[sm=headbang.gif]

-Jeff
Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oakman

Don't hold back bascho, tell us what you really think. LOL
Can't hold me back [sm=gears.gif]

Old 04-13-2007, 05:20 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the warm welcome =) . duhh!! When I was shopping for the car, I know it's a shelby gt. But then I saw it somewhere where they mentioned it being gt350. I asked the sales guy (ofcourse wanting to make the sale gave me wrong info). So okay it kinda made sense the way he explained it.Maybe he thought it would help to make the deal. To me I could care less, I like it because of the handling package and the improved air flow.

You need to chill man, a car is suppose to relieve you from stress and not cause you one. Thanks for your warm welcome!
I'm totally chill newbie,but this isn't the Miata forum.......it's the Mustang forum. I'm sure the MX5 guys would correct you if you said they had an MX3.....right?

Nothin but love for you man......just want to make sure you knew where you were. This is Mustangland and most of us don't know $hit, but we know Mustangs.

Enjoy your Shelby GT, I'm sure she's a looker. Did you get the Black or the White?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:22 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Hello Forum,

I'm a new member. Ifinally got my Shelby GT350 yesterday after weeks of negotiating for the car. (will post pics soon)

Before this car I had a black'05 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (pretty rare,only 300 made black in the US). When I first got my MX-5 in'05,I told myselfthat Iwill keep the car forever. If you are not familiar with the MX-5, formerly known asMiata, they are the bestoverall roadster you can ever drive. 50/50 weight ratio, balanced power,impressive handling, light weight, and very reliable. I will post pics later.I am member of www.miataforum.com for years now, and they are all wonderful people.

There's alot to say but I don't want to bore you guys with a long story as to why I went from a go kart to a muscle car.

To the interesting part-
- Fake hood scoop (not only that their fake, but it looks warped, not perfectly shaped)
- Decal stripes (it would have been great if they were painted, since their decals, it looks ricey)= I will talk more about this later because I feel like taking them off.

Other than that I really like the overall package of the shelby GT. From the extra power, handling, and looks, I believe it's an instant classic. I want to talk more but I'm at work so I'll give more info later.

Lawrence

concluding my theory that you should've just bought a base GT and done what you wanted to not make it "ricey". I'm sure other guys on here with vinyl stripes are going to love how you bash their stripes by calling them ricey. I don't personally have stripes by the way but I don't think calling them ricey was the best idea because you owned a miata(american chick car)before you owned a real car.

[sm=headbang.gif]

-Jeff
I personally wouldn't buy the car (especially for the cost that I would assume was $$$) if I wasn't 100% happy with it.

Would have made more sense and have been cheaper to just buy a GT. I don't think decal stripes make our cars ricey! Stripes are stripes...I think they look sexy!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:27 PM
07SGT57
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

Hello Forum,

To the interesting part-

Lawrence

[sm=headbang.gif]

-Jeff
Hi Jeff, nice to meet you too.. Damn got to be careful what I say huh. Look, that's my opinion of the stripes. I'm not waiting for someone to bash me and prove what?? that I'm wrong and stripes are cool? okay I'll give that to them, that's their opinion and I got mine. This can be discussed betteron other threads I'm sure.

A miata a chick car? is this because you've driven one and you think it felt like it's a chick car? or are you basing it on the stereo type? because mustangs have stereo types too and I'm sure you don't agree with them. But oh well to each his own.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

That's my miata!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:43 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

well should it be call the shelby GT319 down from the GT325 sorry, but welcome to the faimly.

Quick Reply: My new '07 Shelby GT350