Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership taking advantage of us?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 11:22 AM
PLANOV8

Default Dealership taking advantage of us?

I have a 2005 Mustang GT but what I had to go through to get it & from what I am hearing on the boards, what is the Deal with the Dealerships?
My GT I was told that it was going to run 29k in which I figured the car was loaded and with tax and fees it sounded right. What I found out was it was not loaded and he was trying to sell over sticker. Well I never was told that or ever shown a Sticker on this car.
Big Mistake! lets just say I got the car for 25k (1600 under sticker) and the manager was fired! I just think the Dealership needs to quit trying to rip off the working person who wants the new mustang. Now in dallas tx. area I know of a couple of places that are selling the GT's at sticker, but they want have any more in until Jan. (ouch)
Same problems in other states?
Tell your state and if you have the same problem
Thanks yall
Old 11-30-2004, 12:09 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Dealership taking advantage of us?

Im sure theirs gotta be more to it than that, theirs no law that says you have to sell a car for sticker - folks jack up the price over sticker all the time - especially on limited production or hot cars.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Stanley
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

- folks jack up the price over sticker all the time -
Ever been to a Harley dealer? They are the champs at that.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stanley

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

- folks jack up the price over sticker all the time -
Ever been to a Harley dealer? They are the champs at that.

haha hell yeah!
Old 11-30-2004, 11:05 PM
birddog05gt

Seen em going for 2 to 4 k over in the DC area for the GT
Old 11-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

I have a 2005 Mustang GT but what I had to go through to get it & from what I am hearing on the boards, what is the Deal with the Dealerships?
My GT I was told that it was going to run 29k in which I figured the car was loaded and with tax and fees it sounded right. What I found out was it was not loaded and he was trying to sell over sticker. Well I never was told that or ever shown a Sticker on this car.
Big Mistake! lets just say I got the car for 25k (1600 under sticker) and the manager was fired! I just think the Dealership needs to quit trying to rip off the working person who wants the new mustang. Now in dallas tx. area I know of a couple of places that are selling the GT's at sticker, but they want have any more in until Jan. (ouch)
Same problems in other states?
Tell your state and if you have the same problem
Lots of dealerships are selling 05 gt's way over sticker. It's supply and demand; they'll get what they can on them. It may not be morally ethical, but since when has the process buying a car been ethical? I do feel sorry for those who pay over sticker on 05's. The minute they drive the car off the lot, they loose all that $ they paid over the sticker, and then some. Good job on confronting the dealership. I wish more people would do the same.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Yeah, props for taking action after reading our posts and realizing you got the shaft.

Demand is huge for the new 05's, but they are readily available, everywhere.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:16 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: birddog05gt

Seen em going for 2 to 4 k over in the DC area for the GT
i can vouch for that. I'm in northern VA, which is in the DC area. ted britt ford wanted 28k for them when i went in there. that's not even fully loaded.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I ordered one from my dealer on November 17th. I still don't have a build date. I was told that it would be February or March until I get mine. The good news is that I get it $100 over dealer cost. At first I didn't know if I wanted to get a redfire color or the mineral gray. I went with the mineral gray because while the redfire looks good from the front and sides, the tail lights just clashed big time.

I would say that it depends on the area and who you know. I stick to one dealer and one salesman. We know each other really well and he takes care of me when I walk into the dealer. Sure I am in a real small town but at least I know I can trust him. I used to live in the DC area and I know how those dealers are around there.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
UT04GT
3rd Gear Member

I went to the place where I bought my car and the guy told me you could get a fully loaded GT for just under 28k I guess that means they were selling for MSRP. They did say that it might take a while to get one in though