Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Default WTF?!?!?!?!

WTF is wrong with my car!??! Let me describe the sceneiro here, Im in North Jersey, and if you haven't been looking at the forcast lately, We are going thru one of the worst rainfalls since 30 years ago. Floods are everywhere.....

I take my car out last night cuz I had to drop off something at my g/fs house which is about 15 miles away... I did not go thru any puddle,

Driving normally at about 45 to 50 mph on the highway, The lights in and out of the car go off. Im talking about the gauges go white, the radio is dead, the TCS is showing off, The mini computer is telling that the oil pressure is low , fuel pressure is low, and that everything else is low, and the headlights along with the fogs are dead.

I pull up into a gas station cuz my g/f is freakin out thinkin the car is going to blow up, and I park it thinking that turning off then on the car will work. I was wrong. The car still turned on and could run, Its just that now I couldn't change the shifter to DRIVE. the damn button wouldn't press.

After waiting for her brother to show up with a socket wrench to disconnect the battery, I connected the battery again and it was back to normal!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?

And just before I got home last night, Just the headlights go off! for a mere 10 secs!!! and come back on.....

Oh and I thinkshe smelled a bit of wires burning( According to her, Im sick so my nose is stuffed)

Could it be that water got into some wires and its a short circuit? It's rainning like a sh*t storm here and it wouldn't stop.... Grrrr!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:21 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WTF?!?!?!?!

maybe a UFO flew over you..

Seriously.. sounds like a water+electricity issue.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

You better take off all your mods if you're going to go to the dealer with an electrical concern. They can blame anyaftermarket equipment thatuses electrical wiring.

Don't take any chances.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

do a search for water leak - there's a couple huge threads on it. some cars leak water into the smart juncion box behind the panel near passengers foot. makes everything go bserk. i'd check there first.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Dude, that sucks, I live in Rockaway and work in west caldwell. Major flooding all over the place. As far your, sounds as if water is shorting something out. Let me know the outcome.
Thurman
Old 04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Come on, just admit it. You were going into "stealth mode" J/K
Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

ALTERNATOR
Old 04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
MUSTANGEXPERT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it was horrible yesterday... I live in Little Falls NJ and it is no joke..I was driving back from oxford nj and it was hell..
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yup check the floor board on driver and passenger side, u might just have a leak, mines beeen sitting in the driveway since friday and hasnt been turned on, ive been using an suv to get around and even that, the roads are still screwed up.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Probably the water leak, make an appointment with the dealer. Have them do a load test on the battery at the same time.

Quick Reply: WTF?!?!?!?!