Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote alarm sounder

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default Remote alarm sounder

The description of the active anti-theft system on the Ford site says, "It includes a remote alarm sounder that lets you know that your vehicle has been tampered with." What are they talking about? My alarm just blows the horn when it goes off. "Remote alarm sounder" doesn't sound like it would be the horn. I mean, the horn is not "remote". It's right there on the car.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:20 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Remote alarm sounder

Nobody knows?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:15 AM
blike
2nd Gear Member

Remote alarm sounder sounds like the button on your keyless entry thing to set off your alarm.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:23 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blike

Remote alarm sounder sounds like the button on your keyless entry thing to set off your alarm.
"Remote alarm sounder" does sound like it might be the panic button on the keyless entry remote, except that Ford's description says "lets you know that your vehicle has been tampered with." How does the panic button let me know that my car's been tampered with?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:09 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

RTFM..... an extra set of horn beeps when you operate the remote after something has been tampered with. You can test it yourself. This knowledge and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks
Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TinPony

RTFM.....
I swear I did read the freaking manual! Actually, I just re-read the section in my manual that talks about the active anti-theft, and there's no mention of this. I have a 2007. Can you point me to the page in the manual that talks about this?

an extra set of horn beeps when you operate the remote after something has been tampered with. You can test it yourself. This knowledge and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks
I'm at work right now, so I can't test that. Are you saying that if the alarm has gone off and I guess eventually stops, then when you disable the alarm there are "extra beeps"? Well, it doesn't beep the horn when you diable it normally, so how could there be "extra" horn beeps?

Sorry if I seem argumentative, but I'm just trying to figure out exactly how this works. I know that car alarms are pretty useless anyway. They mainly just annoy people. But since I paid nearly $400 for the active alarm, I want to make sure I'm getting all I can out of it.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:45 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I guess I owe you an apology. I was wrong. I was going by what my 06 did. I now have an 07. But, it had a pursuit brand upgrade module added the the active alarm. This was a dealer installed item and was supposedly deactivated after the dealer (Sunset-Westminster CA)could NOT show me what it did that the active alarm didnt already do. They refunded my money and supposedly deactivated it. It only made the features operate slightly different. So, you are back to square one and I dont have and answer. However, in the past I have been sucessful in getting answersfrom Ford customer relations thru email. They are very helpful. Go to Ford.com and click on 'contact us'.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:57 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

I have that system on my 07 GT and I'd like to hear it to make sure its really there. I think its like one of those whooping sirens but I'm not sure. We also have a higher amp battery so it can annoy people for a longer time before the battery dies. I have to figure out how to set it off. I guess if you lock yourself in the car then take the key out of the ignition all you have to do is move around in the car and the motion detector sets off the alarm. I'm going to try it now... will get back to you soon. If you don't hear from me soon i've been vaporized or something.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:06 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TinPony

I guess I owe you an apology. I was wrong. I was going by what my 06 did. I now have an 07. But, it had a pursuit brand upgrade module added the the active alarm. This was a dealer installed item and was supposedly deactivated after the dealer (Sunset-Westminster CA)could NOT show me what it did that the active alarm didnt already do. They refunded my money and supposedly deactivated it. It only made the features operate slightly different. So, you are back to square one and I dont have and answer. However, in the past I have been sucessful in getting answersfrom Ford customer relations thru email. They are very helpful. Go to Ford.com and click on 'contact us'.
No apology necessary. I was not upset at all. I did go to Ford.com last night and asked them. They say within 3 business days, so we'll see what their version of the story is. "Spin" is what the politicians call it.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wingman75

I have that system on my 07 GT and I'd like to hear it to make sure its really there. I think its like one of those whooping sirens but I'm not sure. We also have a higher amp battery so it can annoy people for a longer time before the battery dies. I have to figure out how to set it off. I guess if you lock yourself in the car then take the key out of the ignition all you have to do is move around in the car and the motion detector sets off the alarm. I'm going to try it now... will get back to you soon. If you don't hear from me soon i've been vaporized or something.
Mine doesn't have a "whooping siren". It blows the horn.

The easy way to set off the alarm is to roll down a window and then set the alarm. Wait two minutes for the motion detect to turn on (or is it 30 sec? - don't have my manual in front of me). Then stick your hand in the window and wave it around.

Watch out for the defense lasers!

Quick Reply: Remote alarm sounder