Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you want a Shelby GT @ MSRP look here...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: If you want a Shelby GT @ MSRP look here...

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

The GT Foglight are NOT in the car... the round outline you see through the grill is created by the hole in the frame where the fog lights used to be.

thanks I have been questioning that myself.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Retrorocket
1st Gear Member

My local FordDealer still has a black Shelby on the showroom floor for a mere $56,000. According to the Shelby sticker,$27,000 of that is for the Shelby package.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2oo5stang

For that price, i can see why they don't sell.
Also i hate Sheppard AFB, it's nowhere ville.
Yeah Sheppard, sucks...spent some time there. I'm at Andrews AFB now, bout to go to Keesler
Old 04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Seriously... people have to be DAFT to buy a shelby GT for a price that is even above the MSRP of a GT500...
Old 04-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

They don't have to be daft. They could be good collectors, who know that in 20-30 years their Shelby GT will be worth more than the GT500... or any modified GT. It's the Shelby name.

Just saw a cool black 5speed Shelby GT at Lompoc Ford going for just $5000 over invoice. The salesman said one reason they mark it up is to try to keep the car there longer. Then when people call or stop in and ask if they have a Shelby GT they can say yes, but when the guy won't pay the markup maybe they can sell him something else...

btw, here's one getting off the truck... they don't ship them on those open car carriers!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/71EF35E25B1C4987B4C0A58F0345B184.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-23-2007, 06:17 AM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

If you run into a dealer that claims they can get 20k over sticker, but happens to have the car sitting there on the floor what does that tell you? They obviously can't get 20k over sticker in that market. Tell the dealer they're full of it and offer them less. If they want to move the car, they will sell it to you. I can't imagine paying more than sticker for anything. If the grocery store said the milk was so good that week that you should pay double, would you? Yes the Shelby is a fast car. Yes it has tons of extras. Yes it has a supercharger. Yes they charge more for all of those things. Why pay the dealer for them all over again? All you're doing is padding the owner of the dealers pockets. They're just making money on us wanting something. The supply will catch up with the demand eventually.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 AM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

I guess I'm stupid because I would pay a reasonable amount over msrp for a Shelby GT. But I don't care because they just look so drop-dead gorgeous to me!I believe they will beinstant collector's items as they are produced in limited numbers. The car is, I think, the sum of so much more than its parts. No matter how hard someone trys to make his own GT into a "Shelby", it just won't ever happen obviously. Anyway, I am going to call my dealer about a white Shelby GT today, just to see what he is asking. I've seen ads asking anywhere from msrp (which I would pay) to $45K (which I would not pay). Lastly, I wonder if Shelby GT's will be produced in '08?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

I got a chuckle out of the Ebay link....nothing like a crap load of pictures showing basically the same thing [8D]
Old 04-29-2007, 01:46 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

The dealer in the town I live in is kinda wierd with the shelby's too. I know for a fact that he's sold two GT500's for MSRP just four months after they started arriving on showroom floors. I'm still not sure how the heck he got them since he isn't and SVT dealer. He has a white/silver Shelby GT on the lot now he is selling for sticker. However, due to his reputation for giving bad trades, no one will buy from him around here, he stays in business mainly on his fleet sales. Unless you are willing to pay MSRP(like in theShelby case)or have X plan pricing, most people will go to the next town over to buy a Ford, and have it serviced in my town.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:56 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

They have been selling the shelby gt for msrp here in elizabeth city n.c. from the begining. These are not going to be as geat a collectors car as people think. ford has already said that they will make 10k units per year for the next 3 yrs. and if they sell good they said they will consider up to 13k units. That will be a lot more than the 03-04 cobras produced by far.

Quick Reply: If you want a Shelby GT @ MSRP look here...