Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo vs. SCT

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: Diablo vs. SCT

Matt you were right on the adaptive learning was turned off by my tuner! I can't access it myself from the SCT. Sorry for high jacking thread. Oh and either tuner is great and like matt said its the writer not the handheld itself.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:57 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I will have to email Doug and see if he turns it off. I am guessing he does since my tunes never really seemed to fade. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:04 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

after reading up on the predator and the sct, i chose
the latter

i threw the conch into the fire, if anyone wants it, they
can go get it lol j/k

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

I'm going to be buying a tuner soon, what are the differences? Which do you prefer.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:12 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Matt you were right on the adaptive learning was turned off by my tuner! I can't access it myself from the SCT. Sorry for high jacking thread. Oh and either tuner is great and like matt said its the writer not the handheld itself.
This is something that has been bugging me. I have been unable to locate anyauthoritative source to back up the 'adaptive learning' claim for theSpanish Oak processor.

Where does this come from?
Old 04-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

I personally haven't seen or used the diablo. But I LOVE my SCT. Got my mine from B amachips ( www.b amachips.com), Talk to Doug, EXCELLENT customer service and GREAT tunes!!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:02 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

oops, sorry about that Matt. must have been a passing sensitivo moment or something. . .

acascianelli: so what did you end up choosing?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

wah wah wah...
If you're like the average person (like me), who is going to buy a tune+CAI combo from a tuner,I don't think it matters much whether you do SCT or Diablo. I know that with the SCT, you can manually adjust some of the parameter, but that's another can of worms. With that being said, I went with who had the CAI+tune that I wanted at the best price.I liked the Steeda intake,so ended up withthe SCT tuner as well. If you're going to constantly be doing more mods and gonna throw it on the dyno, check your local shops for support. Layman doing a few mods - go with price factor
Old 04-26-2007, 03:02 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I have a diablo... Im not really a tuner or anything, just bought it for fun and to use the canned 87 octane tune. I haven't gone into settings at all...

I can tell you its a cool piece of equipment. Well built and a big screen, and the menus are easy to navigate and understand... It has nice 'canned' tunes for three octanes, I forget which ones, like 87, 91, 93 or something. Also includes 'canned' tunes for certain performance parts including superchargers and intakes... Canned tunes are not as good as custom tunes for your specific car, but theyre great for a non-tuner who just wants some fun.

If you have car knowledge then the diablo will let you dominate if you know what I mean.

Hope I helped!

(Also the predator tends to cost less...)
Old 04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

I have a diablo... Im not really a tuner or anything, just bought it for fun and to use the canned 87 octane tune. I haven't gone into settings at all...

I can tell you its a cool piece of equipment. Well built and a big screen, and the menus are easy to navigate and understand... It has nice 'canned' tunes for three octanes, I forget which ones, like 87, 91, 93 or something. Also includes 'canned' tunes for certain performance parts including superchargers and intakes...
A few things here. Yes there are canned tunes and they really do nothing compare to B ama or Brenspeed tunes. Do not use the canned supercharger tunes if they are in the tuner. You want a custom dyno tune for anything like that. You engine will go boom very easily.

Canned tunes are not as good as custom tunes for your specific car, but theyre great for a non-tuner who just wants some fun.
You are correct in that they are not as good as a custom tune from the tuners mentioned about but there is nothing different about the tunes you get from B ama or Brenspeed in terms of knowledge or being "great for a non tuner." You just load the tune and that is it. Now the settings in that tune are not even close to the "canned" settings but again you are not changing any of those and dont need to know them either.

If you have car knowledge then the diablo will let you dominate if you know what I mean.
You can adjust mostly the same setting with diablo or SCT, there are very few differences between the 2 when it comes to user adjustability.

(Also the predator tends to cost less...)
diablo=399 retail
sct=379 retail
Old 04-26-2007, 04:18 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

They are both the same go with who ever gives you local support on it if you plan on doing a couple of mods as a dyno tune is always better. The only real advantage I see that the diablo has is the user adjustability. You can take up to 20% fuel or add 20% on the sct it is 6% lean and 14% add the limits which is rather gay in my opinion. My first tune was off by 2.4 a/f so I had to pay for another dyno session after I got a new tune to settle it to perfection.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Diablo vs. SCT