Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I locked my keys in the trunk ****!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I locked my keys in the trunk ****!!!!

ORIGINAL: TElke1

Ford went alittle cheap on certain things......should have a release in the car too.....
A lot of cars that have a trunk release in the car need to have the key in the ignition for it to work. So that would have done him no good, unless Ford went the old way of not needing a key. Then you would have another group of people complaining about that.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

I really don't see the need for a trunk release. The car doesn't get locked unless I have the key fob in my hand. If I want to open the trunk, I can do it with the key in the igition simply by pressing the button... People make way big of a deal out of this. I can see if you had to go out of your way to open the trunk, but the key should be in your reach at all times. Whether in the ignition, in your pocket, or in your hand. Why someone would set their keys in a trunk is beyond me.
+1
Old 04-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Puddle356
1st Gear Member

If they would have made a release in the car without the need of the key, then what would keep the trunk safe on a vert? someone could just reach in and pop the trunk and take whatever you had in there. so they would have had to make it only an option on coupe or people would have complained I would imagine.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puddle356

If they would have made a release in the car without the need of the key, then what would keep the trunk safe on a vert? someone could just reach in and pop the trunk and take whatever you had in there. so they would have had to make it only an option on coupe or people would have complained I would imagine.
im pretty sure if i had a vert i wouldnt leave my top down in a parking spot...especially if i couldnt see my car through a window at all times and i had a mustang gt vert

so many things could happen the least i would be worried about would be the stuff in my trunk...i would be more worried about someone slashing my seats or something
Old 04-22-2007, 12:24 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

The other day i found this out and my parents told me about it and i though the were lying but it honestly works try it at home if you dont believe me ...

But its kinda like on star works but if you lock your keys in your car and you have a spare set at home call someone at your house from a cell phone and put the phone up to the car door and then have them put the remote up to the phone and press unlock and your car will unlock ....

It sounds crazy but it works go try it in your garage get your wife to hold the keys inside
Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteStallion06

The other day i found this out and my parents told me about it and i though the were lying but it honestly works try it at home if you dont believe me ...

But its kinda like on star works but if you lock your keys in your car and you have a spare set at home call someone at your house from a cell phone and put the phone up to the car door and then have them put the remote up to the phone and press unlock and your car will unlock ....

It sounds crazy but it works go try it in your garage get your wife to hold the keys inside
haha...i did this the other day too!!!except my keys werent locked in and i just ran foras long as i could and called my buddy and it unlocked...i was shocked
Old 04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Yah i knowmy parents were like it works ... i was like yeah right theres no way so they were like go try ....

I was shocked as welll i was like damn thats crazy
Old 04-22-2007, 12:43 AM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

wow that is wierd... I so want to try it.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: miltoneagle

Why would ford not have a trunk release button inside the car. The only way to open the trunk is from the key and that seems silly to me.

then again....Maybe im just a noob
It doesn't matter, you need to have the key in the ignition to make the trunk release work anyway.

At least that's the case with my '88.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteStallion06

Dude if I try this and it doesn't work I'm gonna feel like an idiot. Are you serious? This could have saved me a lot of aggravation a few weeks ago when my wife locked an ice cream cake in the Stangs trunk and I had to leave work and drive 25 miles to rescue her ***. That's what I get for letting her drive it one day a week.

Quick Reply: I locked my keys in the trunk ****!!!!