Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does my New Body Kit suit the car???? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:47 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does my New Boby Kit suit the car???? HELP

Not IMO........[sm=sorry.gif]
Old 04-21-2007, 05:49 PM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

it dosnt really look all that bad at all! with a new front faciayou could pull itoff...you should have done this survey befor you purchased it though! if you wanna change the look of your stang do either a roush, salleen or shelby clone. if you wanna stand out just a little more then that go with one of cervinis kits...the elenor always turns out good, the mach 1 and boss look dead on!!! cant go wrong with any of those IMO
Old 04-21-2007, 05:52 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I personally think it makes your car look like a rocket ship. It doesn't flow with the rest of the car at all in my opinion.

I think that the curves in the rear bumper and side skirts with the vents really make it look ricey.

IMO I would go with a roush front end and some eibach springs and that will give you a nice aftermarket look. I think if you are going to add any top of body mods you should upgrade wheels as well. If you had 18" bullits or 18" fanblades you would be able to get away with keeping stock rims.

Anyway that is my feedback, hope it helps.

-Jeff
Old 04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
deutscherstang
I ♥ Acer

looks really heavy, especially the sideskirts....
youde need some serious stuff under the hood to back it up

and it looks awkward from what i can see that the front is untouched
add a front chin spoiler
Old 04-21-2007, 06:05 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

It looks good, but needs a front end to complete it. I didn't really like the little front pieces for that kit, it should have a complete front bumper replacement. The side skirts are great, the rear, should be integrated more seamless, like on the Street Scene kit. I personally don't like front ends that portrude too much, again, I think that's another area where the Street Scene kit trumps most. I'm used to the looks of this kit, after being around all imports, or should I say JDMs while in Japan. I think the sport compact look is cool and different on a car like the Mustang, where most folks simply copy each other with the Roush, Saleen, or Cervinis kits. Just my opinion...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:10 PM
miltoneagle
1st Gear Member

just doesnt flow with the car
Old 04-21-2007, 06:15 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

I hate to talk bad about anyones ride but, im not feeling it...I got a feling you dont like it either or you would have never posted this! Go with Saleen or none at all....I like the clean look IMO
Old 04-21-2007, 06:18 PM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the feed back, I do have the front and the chin spoiler to complete the look but I am holding off. My wife is with hammeron she recons I need to drive it for a few days before I rip it off. So if anybody is in San Diego or LA this week please do not throw rocks at me for looking like a kook...

Just so that everybody knows i did not really choose it .................I got it really cheap and thought it would be a good edition but now I think the car is all show and not enough go...

I still think it will be on eBay in a week. The street scene kit is really sweet.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:27 PM
gtucker4
2nd Gear Member

I'd keep the side skirts you have, and just get the front and rear bumpers from the Street Scene kit. I'm planning on following the lines of the fender flares, and adding a contrasting color that sits on the skirts, flares, and the lower portions of both bumpers.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Smokem
1st Gear Member

I don't mind the back but the sides are to much need to be a little simpler. It is your car though.

Quick Reply: Does my New Body Kit suit the car???? HELP