Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Stripe/Scoop Combo Ok?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:42 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: This Stripe/Scoop Combo Ok?

I'm not a big fan of nonfunctional scoops, but the '67, '68 Shelby's had a bunch of fake scoops.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

There's a Tungsten GT on the Baltimore Street Mods website(in the 10" stripe section) and it's GT hood scoop(factory type which looks like the Roush item) is painted the same color as the stripes(silver) and I think that look is nicer IMO. Btw, I have a Tungsten GT coupe and am going to add silver stripes later this summer(when the threat of rain stops out here) and will add a CDC classic(in satin black) at the same time(so hard to leave things be, huh?). Either way(which ever color scoop you choose) gotta keep those stripes! Pics look great, have at it, it'll look fine
Old 04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I just painted a Roush scoop and drilled the holes today as a matter of fact. I like the Roush scoop alot, looked at all the styles out there and this the best for me. Sure fuctional is nice but I don't have the $800 for the Shaker setup. Like I tell everyone. Do what "you" like best. Opinions are good if you care what others think but it's not their car, it's yours. If you do, let say whatothers like, then down the road you'll kick yourselfin the butt. Do What You Like! Not others.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

I think it looks teh hawtness!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

black stripes and scoop
Old 04-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Sean3667
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

black stripes and scoop
Black would have been my second choice, but I've already got the new silver stripes here, awaiting installation.

I also wanted to thank everyone again for taking the time to vote and/or comment. I still have time to make a final decision (the stripe installers in my area are scheduling two weeks out due to heavy volume) before committing todrilling and bolting the scoop on.

Honestly, I really like the scoop/stripe combo ... but, I have growing concerns about the fitment of the scoop over the stripes, and whethervibration is going to chafe and ruin the new stripes after they're on. Rob at BSM offered a tip on reducing the tendancy for the scoop to chafe the stripes,and I might have to explore that possibility.But ... I don't want to end up with ahuge gap between the scoop and hood, because this color combo would really make a less than flush fit stand out. Even in the mockup, when test fitting the scoop,I could see areas where the Roush might let daylight through.

There is a solution to everyproblem, but it comes down to whether or not the look is worth the effort. My brother says the heck with it ... just get the stripes painted on. One of the my coworkers says screw the scoop, get a shaker system from CDC instead (and Tacobill's installation pics only tempts me further down that path .... lol).

Whatever I decide to do, I'll post the final pics here ... and if I decide to part with the Roush scoop, you guys will be thefirst to know!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Its pretty cheesy to have a scoop that doesnt match the stripes, and actually has the stripes going under it...

A scoop should have the same stripes going over it, or should have a 'border' around it to signify where the stripes end, so as to not make it look like the scoop is just placed on top of the stripes.

Definately keep the stripes, but its gotta look like it belongs there and wasnt just slapped on.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

My Roush scoop forms to the hood perfect. And even with it being bolted you still have the 2 sided tape so I don't see chafing issues.