Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford designs poorly for ALARMS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:14 PM
OZ_Tambo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ford designs poorly for ALARMS?

I love Fry's but I would not take anything that a Fry's employee said as correct............... They pay very little and have no idea what day it is most of the time..... Go see an auto electrician and get it rewired.... my cheapo $200 alarm seem to work perfectly..... Good Luck
Old 04-28-2007, 04:14 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford designs poorly for ALARMS?

The proximity sensor might be your problem with it going off with noises. I did not install that sensor in this car because I had it in my last car and it did nothing but false alarm. Depending on where they installed it, loose change in your cup holder could make it go off. The loud noises outside might cause a rattle of something inside the car and trigger it. Next time it goes off, when you deactivate your alarm count how many times the led flashes and that will tell you which zone it was. Theres a reference to it in the manual.

As for the omni sensor, when I first had mine installed they had both light impact and full trigger sensitivity too close to each other and it was causing false alarms. It tells you in the manual how to adjust it with the remote, try setting it differently and see if your problem goes away.