Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Baghdad!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Default Hello from Baghdad!!!

Hello from Baghdad! My name is Guy, I am currently in Iraq on my second tour. I joined the site because I’m getting a 08GT when I get back in October and I wanted to go ahead and open a dialog with my fellow Mustang lovers. So far I have had a 70 mach1, 71 mach1, and an 85GT. I basically built all from the ground up with very little resources. Most recently I had a 67 cougar that I had to sell in a divorce. This 08 GT will be my first new car, now that I make decent money. I had ordered an 07 Shelby GT500, but after some careful consideration I decided to pass my order to some one else who was more than happy to take it. You may be asking yourself if I’m an idiot right now, of if it just my PTSD kicking up. I had good reason for doing this. I thought about it and I would not let myself drive the 500. If anyone would breathe in its general direction I would have freaked out. I want something I can show at first the pound the crap out of on the street. This was my reasoning. Anyway back to the fact at hand. The GT I am ordering will be metallic alloy with white rally stripes and have the following factory options for sure. 1. 3.55 rear end 2.Shaker1000 3.interior upgrade 4.any suggestions? I will be doing some mods at the dealership before I pull it off the lot. So far will be 1. Roush Stage3 Supercharger 2. CDC Classic Chin Spoiler 3. Sequential Taillights 4. CDC Smooth C-Pillar Scoops 5. Cervinis Concept Ram Air Hood 6. Cervinis duckwing rear spoiler. For the first time in my life I have a little money to work with so I’m totally open to suggestions. I’m pretty much sold on everything I have here but any additions are welcome. Does anyone have any thoughts on tires and rims, extra engine mods (not to much the SC cost a wad) body stuff I’m missing. Sorry for the long introduction, but one more thing. I test drove a stock 07 GT before I left to come back to Iraq. It was a short drive but I was very impressed. For you new model owners, how happy are you with your purchase. It seems like a great car to me.Also with the Bulitt, and Boss that may come out in 08 not sure what I should do.
Before I go let me add my co workers as a whole drive to work in a 06GTO, 06 Corvette, 70 Chevelle SS, and a 90 Z28 modified. As you can see it is very important to smoke them with the finest muscle car every made MUSTANG! I need to be pushing around 500hp when I am done. Thanks all, and I look forward to being a contributing member of this site for a long time, Guy
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hello from Baghdad!!!

I'd recommend the BMR Carbon Fiber one piece driveshaft, and Spec Stage3+ Clutch with their aluminum flywheel. Long tube headers and catted x pipe with your choice of axlebacks will make it sound awesome.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Nice,
any suggestions on rims?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

[sm=patriot.gif]
Old 04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

welcome to the boards.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: guydon

Nice,
any suggestions on rims?
Rims (wheels) are strictly personal choice. I don't like 20s as they just are not, IMO, the retro look for a Mustang and they detract from overall performance and handling. 17s are actually the best for performance, but mine came with 18s and I like them fine. Not worth it to me to spend the change on new rims. Maybe some day, but they will still be 18s or even 17s, with nice big fat tires!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:49 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Nice,
any suggestions on rims?
Rims (wheels) are strictly personal choice. I don't like 20s as they just are not, IMO, the retro look for a Mustang and they detract from overall performance and handling. 17s are actually the best for performance, but mine came with 18s and I like them fine. Not worth it to me to spend the change on new rims. Maybe some day, but they will still be 18s or even 17s, with nice big fat tires!
That is kind of what is was thinking. Do you have the polished or painted?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Nice,
any suggestions on rims?
That is kind of what is was thinking. Do you have the polished or painted?
Mine are the polished bullits. Here a pic.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46993/A00A905045B44FA197D5D025E818A4FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Rims are sweet. LOVE the chin spoiler. That is the CDS agressive right?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the Mustang Forum lots of helpful people here. I have an 07 GT and am very happy with it. You will see a lot of complaining about certain problems but I have not had anything wrong with mine after about 9 months. I think its a small percentage that have problems but they seem to get blown out of proportion.

I have a suggestion. Consider getting the SilverHorse Racing rear 1/4 window louvers. They replace the window glass and are flush to the body. Very impressive piece.

Quick Reply: Hello from Baghdad!!!