Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bassani Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
muslenutz

Default Bassani Help

I have a 2007 Mustang GT and Have decided on Bassani Exhaust. I have a couple of questions if you can help me. I use the car for every day use and the car is all stock as of now. I am not looking for the car to smell like exhaust to much. I have decided to go with the catted xpipe since it is modular and comes with the parts you need to either put them on or take them off and back on again. Here are my questions.

1. Race or Street, Whats the difference?

2. Is the stock exhaust set up the same on a 05 - 06 as it is as a 07? I see many different part numbers and I am not sure which to order.

3. Where is the best place to get them from on the web?

4. What part numbers do I need, I am getting conflicting answers?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bassani Help

depends what you want. if you want the Catted X pipe, it's 46053 and comes with the X pipe itself, 2 down pipes, 2 cats, and 2 "cat-delete" pipes. If you just want the X pipe, just buy the x pipe. The setup is the same from 05-07, although I have seen some different part numbers for auto v. manual transmissions. I have 46053 and I wouldn't choose any other setup. Keep in mind it's gonna be "raspy" sounding, along with louder and deeper. Race or Street???? Race would be without the cats and street with the cats. . . i guess. I'd buy them used if i were you, or get them at RPMoutlet.com or off of Ebay. You'll pay somewhere around $500 for the catted x new, give or take $50.

oh, and i forgot two more important things that may be confusing. anything of Bassani's that says it's "Bassani X" series is not stainless, but aluminized steel. and the aluminized steel catted x pipe has ceramiccores whereas the stainless one [46053] has stainless cores. people argue wether the stainless core is worth it, but if you want stainless pipes you are going to get the stainless core as well.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
muslenutz

Couldnt I hook up the Race Axle Backs to the X pipe Street or am I missing it here?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:48 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

The Race are basically straight pipes, they look great and sound even better. I have the SS racing axlebacks and I love them, they are deep and set off car alarms. I kept the stock h-pipe for the deep muscle car sound. My buddy has the same exhaust but with the x-pipe and he is jealous of my set up.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:49 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

mustangexhaust.com has sound clips and is where I bought mine from.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

well, now i'm confused. are you talking about h/x pipes and cats OR axle back mufflers? or both? the h/x pipes and cats are under the car. the axle backs are. . . well. . . behind the axles!!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Grabber72
1st Gear Member

I dont mean to steal the thread, but ive been looking at the bassani x pipe with the cats that you can take off and put a straight pipe in replace and I was wondering if there is any welding involved or are they just bolt on?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

i've got em. you can do it either way. they come with the nice stainless clamps. it's not as easy as take em off/put em on though. you have to loosen all the stuff behind them [at least i did] to switch them out. i've not tried the strait pipes, but the high flow cats rock!
Old 04-30-2007, 10:50 PM
muslenutz

both
Old 04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I have an 07 also and you will not be dissappointed with the SS Racing Axlebacks. I can't speak for the x-pipe since I don't have it but my buddy has it and mine drowns his out.

Quick Reply: Bassani Help