Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 04:03 PM
dguerini

Default Help finding a new Mustang

Hello All,

I'm ready to take the plunge and am looking for a particular color of Mustang GT with certain options. My dealer doesn't have the car I want, and tells me that the dealerswho have the car won't trade it. Of course, my dealer wants to sell me what he has or can get and isn't interested in helping another dealer make a sale.

Is there a way to find a car with certain options other than searching inventory dealer by dealer through Ford's website?Aside from the fact that it takes forever to use Ford's site that way, there are so many dealers in Ohio that I don't know how to find and search them all.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I'd rather not ordera 2008, only because I am told it would be atleast three months and probably more until Iget the car. Anyhelp would be appreciated!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:59 PM
06GTGIRL
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help finding a new Mustang

Post what you are looking for and maybe someone can help. I can't believe your dealership would not help you. When I was looking at mine, they went and bought the one that I wanted from a different town and brought it back for me and financed it through them then and I didn't have to leave town.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Get a phone book and look up the zip codes. But it will be tough to find exactly what you want. And who knows it might have been sitting there for 6 months covered with acid rain & sand and got a bunch of sun swirls on it. So if you do find one, go look first, no matter how far away it is. If you do ordered, they won't start production until June and the first start to show up mid August. Andto get your ordered one,Sept.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

i CAN believe they told you that. it's TOTAL BS. just as you said they want to get rid of their stock. i know you don't want to hear this, but get a slightly used one from a nice person who has taken care of it! i did what you said you tried and used the Ford website. it's painfully slow, but you may find what you want and MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE IT AND MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T "THUNK" IN THE FRONT END. look on Ebay as well. they have brand new mustangs for sale all the time, and one particular dealer in Texas ALWAYS has tons for sale on there. it just depends on how much you want to go out of your way to get one. whatever you do tell that dealer you mentioned to f*ck off.

oh, and by the way, what is it you're looking for EXACTLY? i had a very specific car i wanted as well that was damn near impossible to find, so i settled for the redfire one and it ended up working out great. . .
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I like using Yahoo Autos. Find a car that looks close to what you want. Then call or visit the dealer and check it out.

But it's a good idea to post what you're looking for here too.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:47 PM
dguerini

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them.

I was looking for a vista blue (or maybe windveil blue) GT premium manual with dark charcoal interior. The options I wanted were IUP, 18" polished, 3.55 gears, and comfort group. Beyond that, satellite radio and side airbags would be nice, and I did not want a Shaker 1000 and would prefer no hood scoop.

I'llkeep looking around, and may end up ordering a 2008. It anyone stumbles across a car like I've described, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks again,
Old 05-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dguerini

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them.

I was looking for a vista blue (or maybe windveil blue) GT premium manual with dark charcoal interior. The options I wanted were IUP, 18" polished, 3.55 gears, and comfort group. Beyond that, satellite radio and side airbags would be nice, and I did not want a Shaker 1000 and would prefer no hood scoop.

I'llkeep looking around, and may end up ordering a 2008. It anyone stumbles across a car like I've described, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Thanks again,
If you want to upgrade your wheel to 20",just get the regular 17".That will save $800+.If you want to upgrade the exhaust and intake something like that,get the GT Pre basic plus interior upgrade Pk (and heated seat if it is cool in winter,if not forget it).that's for stock.Aftermarket parts,just do what you want to do.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:40 PM
06GTGIRL
2nd Gear Member

https://www54.forddirect.fordvehicle...eSearchService
I don't know if this will work or not, it is off the Ford website, they say they will search Ford dealerships and find the car you are looking for.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Sorry, but when you want specific options like that you will never find exactly what you want! The guys at the dealerships who order their cars are clueless. I can't tell you the number of cars that either had options I did NOT want or didn't have the options I DO want!
It seems that you want a fully loaded Mustang but good luck finding one without the Shaker 1000!
Probably best to get one without all the options and add them later. Unless you plan on keeping the car for 20 years. In that case load it up!
Old 05-06-2007, 05:21 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

This is the closest match to what you want (MSRP: 30,875 Invoice: 28,779):

2007 MODEL YEAR

VISTA BLUE

DARK CHARCOAL LEATHER

.4.6L 3V OHC V8 ENGINE

.5-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

235/50/ZR18 TIRE

JOB #2 ORDER