Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help finding a new Mustang

Here is what I have done with ALL the vehicles I have bought. Call the dealership and ask to speak witht he Fleet Manager. This guy does high volume sales and is not like the typical salesman. Ask him if you could could come in and speak with him. Go in there and be very specific about what you want. And, tell him something like, this is a toy and I am in not in a hurry to get it. If it's true or not. I mean, we all wnated our cars now. I waited 3 months for mine. Tell him,I want what I want and nothing else. Nothing added or subtracted. They can search inventory and find it. If it does not currently exist. Order it. This is something you will have for a long time and 2-3 months waiting is nothing and well worth a little "work". Be specific, well informed and slightly pushy but polite above all. This is a business transaction that can set the tone for future purchases.The first impression is what the salesman will remember.

Old 05-06-2007, 09:46 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Man....looks like you're trying to find my car!!! Someone above posted a link to Ford's website where you can build your own, then search inventories.....that's the easiest way to go...of course, it won't be that bad to just go to the dealer, and have them order the EXACT car you want. Unless you have a better plan, I would suggest going to blueovalnews.com, and getting an x-plan pin number.....you can get it for a littel less than invoice and get any rebates that Ford has at the time.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:11 PM
dguerini

ratnacage: Wow, that is very close to what I was looking for! Did you just come across that car, or did you search somehow?

simon1: I may try that fleet manager route, thanks.

gatkins94: I do appreciate your taste in cars! I'm thinking if I don't come across a suitable Mustang soon, I'll likely buy the bullet and order one.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

I had the same exact problem... a couple years ago i wanted a black gt with the red interior... what a pain in the @#!*! to find!... my dealer didn't want to help me either because no other dealer would trade him for it...

but on the ford website they have a dealer inventory section... what i did was compiled a list of zip codes that i was willing to drive out to and searched that way... i live in new york and believe it or not i found it andi drove 3 hours away to just outside boston, massachussetts to get exactly what i wanted!

i called the dealer before i made the trip obviously and made sure he had it and i put a small deposit down just so he can put the car on hold for me til i got there and looked at it