Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally picked her up today - what now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:17 AM
sleslie17

Default I finally picked her up today - what now?

I can officially gradute to this forum from the Newbie forum - I picked up my grey 2007 today in Albuquerque, NM. I have about 20 miles on it - I ordered it about 5 weeks ago - it arrived faster than predicted. Man it sounds good after drivinga V6 Probe for 11 years, I have been dreaming about getting it and changing the sound with new mufflers or an axle or cat-back, but you know what, I might work on something else; it sounds beasltly. Ford rocks on the sound of a Mustang. When is the last time you heard astock V8 sound like that?

I would be interested to know what was the some of the 1st modifications ya'll did to yer 'stangs after you got it and what was the most benificial. I am thinking about personalizung the appearance now and maybe adding MAC mufflers after a concept style hood and duck-tail and wheels.

I have one regret - I wish I would have ordered the factory alarm for $380ish ; cause I gotta add one now. That would be next question - how about an alarm? Happy with factory or is aftermarket a better value.

Cheers,
Shawn

Old 05-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I finally picked her up today - what now?

Cold Air Intake. If you have the money stick with Ford racing. Then hit up exhaust. Look at my exhaust mods, mine turns heads where ever I go. If you have the money start at the heads and mod all the way back. But the first things should be CAI w/tune and a new exhaust. Theres nothing better then a bran new car driving down the street sounding like a muscle car built back in the 70s.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

C&L or JLT CAI (Cold Air Intake) and a custom tune from www.brenspeed.com or b a m a c h i p s (Censored here, Google it) Should be done first. Packages go for around $550-$675
Old 05-04-2007, 06:14 AM
lauren_24

ORIGINAL: Brian_Zinchuk

Cold Air Intake. If you have the money stick with Ford racing. Then hit up exhaust. Look at my exhaust mods, mine turns heads where ever I go. If you have the money start at the heads and mod all the way back. But the first things should be CAI w/tune and a new exhaust. Theres nothing better then a bran new car driving down the street sounding like a muscle car built back in the 70s.
Mine too. I got a ford racing cold air intake. The driving experience is awesome. Though it may cost you some dollars but it'll be worth it, you'll see.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

Albuquerque, NM huh..... The Library bar/club is a good time down there...

Yeah, pretty much just read around the forum and look at everyones set ups. Ask questions if you want specific info (or use the search engine on here) and you will find answers. Best of luck, and have fun with the new wheels!
Old 05-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Congrads, My choice was apperence mods. And still at it. Axleback is cool. You might want to leave it alone under the hood until it's broke in good. Just to make sure everything is working good. These days underhood mods void warrenty. I think you'll enjoy the power it has now. Maybe down the road you'll want to pump it up. Anyway have fun with it, do what "you" like, not what everyone else likes or you'll have Mustang that looks like everyone elses.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
gtrips01
I ♥ Acer

Arwing - Is this truly censored here? Why is that?

ORIGINAL: Arwing

C&L or JLT CAI (Cold Air Intake) and a custom tune from www.brenspeed.com or b a m a c h i p s (Censored here, Google it) Should be done first. Packages go for around $550-$675
Old 05-04-2007, 05:29 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

b A M A is not a forum sponsor like brenspeed so they are censored. Does the ford racing cold air intake come with a tune also?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:45 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Go with Brenspeed.com and the C&L CAI and the Brenspeed tunes.... To me it is by far the best $675 I've ever spent on car stuff. A tune will get you appx 15 more hp to the wheels than just a CAI alone and will get rid of the throttle lag. Plus Brenspeed has the ABSOLUTE BEST customer service in the world... Second to none. My $.02[8D]
Old 05-04-2007, 05:50 PM
gtrips01
I ♥ Acer

Is there a fear? Is not competion and choice a good thing?

I am sure this brenspeed will give you a tune.
ORIGINAL: thxultra

b A M A is not a forum sponsor like brenspeed so they are censored. Does the ford racing cold air intake come with a tune also?

Quick Reply: I finally picked her up today - what now?