Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does any have this grill?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:21 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

Default does any have this grill?

I got this grill from www.mustangsunlimited.com and when I went to install it, it didnt seem to fit right. It kept hitting the inside near the middle and I couldnt push it all the way in. Has anyone else gotten this same problem from that grill? I did get it to fit but I had to do some trimming to the inside of the grill.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
gtrips01
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: does any have this grill?

Any pics of your car after install?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Yes I have this grill. Actualy I have one ofthe org. first ones made.My car and grillisusedin addvertising for several companies. The problem with the grill is actualy not the grill but the fog light mounts. They will hit the flanged metal above the radator in two spots on each fog light mount. I took a burr grinder and notched out spots for the mounts togo into. But you can also just take a adjustable wrech and bend the edge up in those area's the allow the grill to push back into place all the way. When all the close clearance issues are taken care of the grill fits very well.
I did have a problem with a new one (same type)I bought to use during shows. I t was very brittle and all the ears broke off when trying to install it besides the screw towers splitting when putting the screws in. I sent it back and put the old one back on. I have had it out several times with no problems.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:03 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rlgva

Yes I have this grill. Actualy I have one ofthe org. first ones made.My car and grillisusedin addvertising for several companies. The problem with the grill is actualy not the grill but the fog light mounts. They will hit the flanged metal above the radator in two spots on each fog light mount. I took a burr grinder and notched out spots for the mounts togo into. But you can also just take a adjustable wrech and bend the edge up in those area's the allow the grill to push back into place all the way. When all the close clearance issues are taken care of the grill fits very well.
I did have a problem with a new one (same type)I bought to use during shows. I t was very brittle and all the ears broke off when trying to install it besides the screw towers splitting when putting the screws in. I sent it back and put the old one back on. I have had it out several times with no problems.
thanks for the info. I actually had 2 screw towers split [:@]but there still on there very tight. I had two clips break as well (1 on the bottom and 1 on the side) but one was already loose when I got the grill. With all but 2 of the clips plus the 2 fasteners at the top i seriously dought its going anywhere.

Ill get some pics out soon its just that everytime I have a day off....it rains. When I work its 80-90 degrees and sunny.[:@]