Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno'd the Pony & results are average

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 AM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

Default Dyno'd the Pony & results are average

I had the car put on the Dyno yesterday and my numbers are pretty much the same as everyone else with a CIA and Tune. Thought I'd share for those who are thinking of adding a C&L CIA/Tune.

1st run was 283.09 rwhp and 301.57 torque
air fuel was adjusted
2nd run was 285.92 rwhp and 305.74 torque

Torque peeked @ 4400 rpm
HP peeked @ 5400 rpm and remained contant till 6200 rpm

Thought I'd pass on my numbers for those interested. I'm not sure what the next mod will be, but I'd like to reach the 300 hp mark. Any comments on what mod I should do next are welcome. I'm thinking Long Tubes and a O/R h-pipe will do it. Also there seems to be some debate as to whether the under-drive pullies are worth the money.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno'd the Pony & results are average

FRPP X-Pipe and Steeda UDP's should give youabout 13 or so ponies add that to your 285.92 and you get 298.92, a little tweaking of the tune and you'll get your 300
Old 05-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Maybe some FRPP 4:10 gears and some FRPP headers. That'll give you what you need plus the x-pipe. I'm not sure about the FRPP x-pipe, it doesn't look like it would have that good of flow as the bassani or the borla.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
modular81
2nd Gear Member

Who's tune were you using and for what octane. Udp's and o/r midpipe will put you at 300rwhp.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:02 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

What was your rwhp before the CAI install?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Why is there some people here who don't believe in pullys? They do work and the price is a lot less steep than buying headers and gaining what the most 15 horsepower. Hell the cost of the installation will cut your *** alone.

BlueStar having shortys installed instead of longtubes does that cut down on the labor? Even though people rant a rave about that mod I still think they will have some improvement. Also anyone is the Pypes X-pipe worth the extra noise and being illegal? I would like some honest answers and I'm asking tactfully too.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:46 PM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Why is there some people here who don't believe in pullys? They do work and the price is a lot less steep than buying headers and gaining what the most 15 horsepower. Hell the cost of the installation will cut your *** alone.

BlueStar having shortys installed instead of longtubes does that cut down on the labor? Even though people rant a rave about that mod I still think they will have some improvement. Also anyone is the Pypes X-pipe worth the extra noise and being illegal? I would like some honest answers and I'm asking tactfully too.
From what i've heard and been quoted, the only difference in labor for the LT headers is the extra time/cost to install the aftermarket midpipe for the LTs. The intall on the LTs could also vary if there are clearance issues (some LTs have slight clearance issues but Kooks and ARH don't seem to have those problems from what others have experienced).

An off-road (no cats) midpipe (h or x) will give you 8-10 hp. If it's a daily driver and you don't want a loud car, you may have to think twice about this. If you go with LTs and don't want a loud car, you could get a catted mid-pipe and have cutouts welded in behind the headers for the track. Eventually, this is the setup i'll be going with (ARH LTs, catted h-pipe, cutouts, and keeping my Corsas).
Old 05-06-2007, 06:47 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

I one of those people. IMO, they might work for some people, we did before and after on several S197 and they just didn't do to much more than 2-5 rwhp. Tops. Now I am not saying that you or other people didnt get better results, but I am one of those people that think there pointless. Shorty headers have little upgrade over the stock ones, ford did good job with these. Long tube headers also aren't a ton of extra hp, unless your S/C, then they really help. But i guess every bit helps... X-pipe is not going to give you insane numbers over the H Pipe. And if your looking for a X pipe or H pipe I think you should go by sound and whay you want other than Hp gains because there not that great.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modular81

Who's tune were you using and for what octane. Udp's and o/r midpipe will put you at 300rwhp.
I'm using VMP 93 octane tune

I don't have a baseline rwhp before the cia and tune
Old 05-06-2007, 07:20 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

UD pulleys are good for about 2-4 hp tops. Dyno'd before, and after, came out with +2 hp. Also 4.10's will not add any power.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd the Pony & results are average