Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UDP install help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: UDP install help

That's where you need to learn from other people's mistakes before you start . I made a lot of mistakes the first time I tried and after 4 hours of trying to get the crankshaft pulley off, I gave up and put everything back together. I gave it a couple of weeks and tried again. It took a lot of trips back and forth to Autozone and Sears but I finally got it done after about 3 more hours.

The next time I tried it, I got it done in about two hours. I wrote up all of my trials and errors and partnumbers for all the tools needed so others would not have to struggle through the same mistakes I made.

One more tip, to avoid ruining the threads on the crank shaft, put the crank bolt back in (loose) before using the crank puller. Also, as I showed in my instructions, putting a large rubber band around the claws of the crank puller made the job really easy.

Don't get discouraged. Look at it this way, the harder a job is, the more you will learn.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:59 PM
jmk3
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: UDP install help

You can also put a penny between puller & end of crank to protect it, it only costs a penny!