Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

was blind, but now i see....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:09 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

Default was blind, but now i see....

so i've read the numerous posts about intake/tunemods and what stuck in my mind was how some people said, "i wish i'd done it sooner"...

then idiscovered brenspeed is only about 15 minutes from my hometown! so,after going home to visit my parents i drove over to brenspeed inpierceton, indiana today and picked up a jlt 2 intake and sct programmer...

i talked with brent for a few minutes and drove home and installed the intake and plugged in the programmer and turned the key and... it wouldn't start! no big deal, i know brent's reputation so i called him and after some troubleshooting and covering the basics it turns out my car had been re-flashed at my last oil-change at the dealership. so, i gave him the newstrategy and he e-mailed me new tunes and i uploaded them onto myprogrammer and plugged it in and....

wow!

it's like the car's leash was taken off. THIS is how the car should run straight from the dealership! even with the 87 octane tune the difference is very, very noticeable. i had a grin from ear to ear.

before i kind of had an idea what people were talking about when it came to throttle lag with the stock tune and now, in hindsight,i know EXACTLY what they mean.

if you do not have an intake/custom tune and you are thinking about it. GET ONE NOW if you can afford it. i can't stop running it hard through the gears!!

and of course i highly recommend brenspeed.com! no worries with these guys!

Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: was blind, but now i see....

the jlt2 + tune is great, i enjoyed it
tremendously

Old 05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

Have been looking at doing this mod myself, how did you decide on which intake to get, they have a good many to choose from....
Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Nice story lol. Cant believe you doubted us! It really does wake the car up. I recently reflashed to stock and I had to get used to pushing the pedal down half way before the car started rolling.... needless to say, I was very eager to flash my 93 tune back in.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

i read this:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...e_comparisons/

the C&L and JLT II seem to be the most popular on here.

the JLT II is usually $100 cheaper.

The C&L looks more expensive and may be worth the $100 in build quality but I like the looks of the JLT II and the performance is the same.

Stop looking... do it!

ORIGINAL: 2005StangGT

Have been looking at doing this mod myself, how did you decide on which intake to get, they have a good many to choose from....
Old 05-09-2007, 11:29 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

pushing the the pedal down half way... exactly.

now you push the pedal and the engine instantly responds!

it's like the difference between walking an old dog that's got arthritis and taking a younger dog that wants to pull you and is EAGER TO GO!

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Nice story lol. Cant believe you doubted us! It really does wake the car up. I recently reflashed to stock and I had to get used to pushing the pedal down half way before the car started rolling.... needless to say, I was very eager to flash my 93 tune back in.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:31 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

regarding the dealer re-flash at the oil change that caused me a slight headache brenspeed has a write up on their website about how to avoid that:

http://www.brenspeed.com/tech/dealerflash.html
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

Thanks...good read. Does the JLTII have a heat sheild?
Old 05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info, about a month ago I installed a Mycolor dash. The problem is that there is an alarm that goes off when the vehicle reaches 75 MPH. I live in Colorado where the speed limit is 75 so if I find myself going the speed limit or a couple over it absolutely drives me crazy. Not to mention that darn reverse bell that chimes continuously backing out of the driveway. The dealer stated that I need to have my car reflashed. I was planning on take the CAI out and restoring the tune to original specs. Now I know I must check these codes before downloading my tune. Thanks for preventing this nightmare.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StantheMan

Thanks for the info, about a month ago I installed a Mycolor dash. The problem is that there is an alarm that goes off when the vehicle reaches 75 MPH. I live in Colorado where the speed limit is 75 so if I find myself going the speed limit or a couple over it absolutely drives me crazy. Not to mention that darn reverse bell that chimes continuously backing out of the driveway. The dealer stated that I need to have my car reflashed. I was planning on take the CAI out and restoring the tune to original specs. Now I know I must check these codes before downloading my tune. Thanks for preventing this nightmare.

Are you talking about the dash that lets you change the color about 100 different ways? If so, mine came with that but I don't have any alarms. Had it up to 90 yesterday.

Quick Reply: was blind, but now i see....