Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:48 PM
blmoore20

Default Warranty problems

Took my 07 GO GT with 2100 miles on it to the dealer next to my office today for some warranty work. The car is using antifreeze, about a quart per 1000 miles. I see a puff of white from the exhaust on startup.

The car is 100% stock.

I bought the car at another dealer a long way away because they had the color I wanted. THE DEALER REFUSED TO WORK ON MY CAR! They claim that they have been in trouble with Ford for doing too many warranty claims on cars they didn't sell. I think this is bull#%#%.

Logged a complaint with Ford and sent an email to the owner. Called the next closest dealer and they took me right in.

Anyone else had this problem.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 AM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty problems

Any FORD dealer can work on your car as they all claim warranty through the same group. This dealer is feeding you BS
Old 05-10-2007, 12:13 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Its probably because they are fully booked w/ NON-warranty claims &they get paid less for warranty work & sell no parts. You cost them money if they arer really bussy. Call FORD on them.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
SeanoStang
4th Gear Member

i found my car far away and they sent it closer for free

now i go to the close dealer for warranty work
Old 05-10-2007, 12:38 AM
whocarez03

Total Bull****!! Dealer being lazy and wanting to make more money. Not that I blame them, I mean c;mon, this is America. But I sure wouldn't go to them for things in the future!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:25 AM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

I did the opposite, I purchased mine close to home and will be taking it farther,(only 35 miles luckily), for sevice work. Local dealership's service dept. is a total joke.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:35 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Your being fed BS. They make money on warrenty work as long as it's covered. But addressing your problem, sounds like you have serious problems. If you see white smoke you probably have a head gasket leaking into a cylinder and looking at a total engine rebuild. Because let say you have warped deck surface or head surface it's going to be pulling the engine time and serious work. I think that's why your being fed the BS. They don't want to get involved with that kind of work. Replacing an alternator they make money on, engine teardown probably not.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:02 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

File a complaint to Ford and if they get to many compliants against them Ford can pull their license to sell their product. I have not heard of it happening but Bill Ford told my brother in a meeting at his plant that he wants to know if dealers are treating the public well or not and he would revoke their license to sell his product if the complaints kept coming in to corporate. You ever wonder why dealers after they sell you a car that they would like you to fill out the survey about how the dealer treated you and have many other dealer specific questions. They will also encourage you to give the highest satisfaction scores you can get on the survey because they can have privledges revoked or license to sell the make of vehicle if they get to many dissatisfied customers!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:06 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: blmoore20

Took my 07 GO GT with 2100 miles on it to the dealer next to my office today for some warranty work. The car is using antifreeze, about a quart per 1000 miles. I see a puff of white from the exhaust on startup.

The car is 100% stock.

I bought the car at another dealer a long way away because they had the color I wanted. THE DEALER REFUSED TO WORK ON MY CAR! They claim that they have been in trouble with Ford for doing too many warranty claims on cars they didn't sell. I think this is bull#%#%.

Logged a complaint with Ford and sent an email to the owner. Called the next closest dealer and they took me right in.

Anyone else had this problem.

This is very possible. I am sure the dealer did not tell you the complete story. Ford does audit service depts. for warr. claims! If a certain dealer has a high warr. rate, Ford will go into the dealer and look over warr. ROs. If they find bogus or allot of "penciled" claims, Ford will make the dealer HAVE to pre-authorize Every warr. job. One dealer I worked at got an audit and found out that the tune/drivabilty dept. was way over on claims! After that, every part....PCM, TPS, EGR, etc had to be called in first to be authorized by Ford to pay!

Casey

Old 05-10-2007, 02:35 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

yeah, it's BS. otherwise how could you drive across the country and if you needed work done, where would you go?

Ford is in a HEAP of trouble financially and I wish I'd considered that before i bought this car. I wish they'd just get rid of volvo/jag/aston and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Warranty problems