Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vista Blue = Purple ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Vista Blue = Purple ???

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: papichulo71487

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

Vista Blue looks flat out purple in right lighting, i've seen it first hand.

You be the judge:
^^^Looks purple to me.....But SonicBlue05GT mustang looks blue to me in his sig...
This does look purple.

Are you sure this car hasn't been repainted something else?

Yeah, the clearcoat looks like it has a purple tint to it. My Vista Blue looks like Blue......not even close to this!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rockman95

Windevil Blue...yeah, that's it! WTF did I get "Blueveil"??? Anyway, that is a Beautiful color too. I might have gone with that one or Legend Lime if I wasn't so set on the VISTA BLUE.

I ended up with the windveil, but before that, I was actually looking at the Grabber Orange with black stripes. I ended up thinking that the Grabber may turn into a era type color, one that you just love today, but a few years down the road wish it were gone. Don't mean to flame the Grabber community. Just my own taste. I can't go anywhere in the Veil without heads turning and almost causing wrecks.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: papichulo71487

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

Vista Blue looks flat out purple in right lighting, i've seen it first hand.

You be the judge:
^^^Looks purple to me.....But SonicBlue05GT mustang looks blue to me in his sig...
This does look purple.

Are you sure this car hasn't been repainted something else?

Yeah, the clearcoat looks like it has a purple tint to it. My Vista Blue looks like Blue......not even close to this!

It does sort of look purple. Overcast skies, probably late afternoon, heck, in the dark, it might look black.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

Ok, well, since one of you "kind" folks asked me to talk about my black GT, I will. It is awesome, and if you have a black mustang, you tend to not have to say as much about it because black mustangs speak for themselves. Anytime a car of another color encounters a black one, there is something in the back of the other car's mind that knows "That black car could eat me if it wanted to". Black commands respect and announces that the king of the road has arrived. My only hesitation in buying the black was other people telling me how hard it was to keep clean and how it would show everything. I finally decided, So What!!! If I'm getting a new mustang, I'm going to keep it polished everyday anyway, and black is THE color. So there! My reason for starting this thread was to see if anyone else thought the vista blue looked purple. If you have a vista blue stang, great! You bought what you wanted. Maybe you are colorblind, or like purple tinted cars, or maybe it is green. I was asking for opinion, not attitude.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:04 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Ok, well, since one of you "kind" folks asked me to talk about my black GT, I will. It is awesome, and if you have a black mustang, you tend to not have to say as much about it because black mustangs speak for themselves. Anytime a car of another color encounters a black one, there is something in the back of the other car's mind that knows "That black car could eat me if it wanted to". Black commands respect and announces that the king of the road has arrived. My only hesitation in buying the black was other people telling me how hard it was to keep clean and how it would show everything. I finally decided, So What!!! If I'm getting a new mustang, I'm going to keep it polished everyday anyway, and black is THE color. So there! My reason for starting this thread was to see if anyone else thought the vista blue looked purple. If you have a vista blue stang, great! You bought what you wanted. Maybe you are colorblind, or like purple tinted cars, or maybe it is green. I was asking for opinion, not attitude.
WOW.....you went from bashing to egotistical in less than 2.3 seconds...that is impressive...sorry....When I see a black car, I usually dont have anything in the back of my mind saying what you stated above...ususally< i say..hmm looks sharp, but not for me....i am not going to get into a pissing match with you about what color means what.....but me being a chef and the SONIC BLUEcar that I cooked up....regardless of color....I dont EVER think its going to eat my car for lunch...I just usually smile....and eat it....then finish it with a nice Pinot Noir.... color of anything does not threaten me...what bothers me is close minded egotistical people...not saying you are that...[8D]
Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

My Vista Blue isn't purple. As others said sometimes you get some color shade shifts in the sun when walking around it, (which is cool by the way) but you don't get a regular purple color. Most metalic colors have this characteristic. I think this was the best color Ford offered for 07 and is why I ordered it special.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

I don't see any purple in my Vista Blue.......it's about as blue as it gets.........
Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I AM color blind LMAO!!!!!
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

purple [sm=youreright.gif]
umm no offense....but you must be color blind...this does not look purple to me....

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/8BED9B949EDA41A8A24E709DB00C188A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/2D96425AB9EB47C9A245C0CAF65D1E37.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

if you just look at the vista blue car w/ a white background and block out the rims, tires and such...then it might look purple

but w/ everything else it is definitly blue in my mind
beautiful color.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:58 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Ok, well, since one of you "kind" folks asked me to talk about my black GT, I will. It is awesome, and if you have a black mustang, you tend to not have to say as much about it because black mustangs speak for themselves.
They speak for themselves allright, through all the waterspots!!!!!!!! Good luck keeping that thing clean. LOL!

I can tell there aren't many photographers here, the mustang in the picture is way underexposed because of the bright sky in the background.