Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with brake cooling ducts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:49 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default Anyone with brake cooling ducts?

If so, what are your comments on it?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:50 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone with brake cooling ducts?

im also wondering...
Old 05-13-2007, 01:19 PM
NamelessLiar
1st Gear Member

Are you talking about actual functional brake ducts on an 05+? If so then I've not seen anyone with it yet. If you're talking about the stick on side scoops, I put a pair on just 2 nights ago...
Old 05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

actually agent 47 has a kit, but i want to build mine. this is what i've heard. get a ton of zip ties, buy some silicone duct hose (2.5-3.5 inch) and run them from the front directly to the center of the front rotors. to get them to the back is hard. u should be able to run them down the control arms in the front or something like that.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:53 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

Are you racing your car? Brake ducts are only needed in the most extreme driving conditions. This and a lot of states wont allow fog lights to be your headlight. I know Agent 47 requires you to remove a headlight for the duct to be installed. Be really careful if this is a street driver because you may be spending a lot of money and time on something you will have to fix after a fix it ticket for no front headlight.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:18 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: offrdmania

Are you racing your car? Brake ducts are only needed in the most extreme driving conditions. This and a lot of states wont allow fog lights to be your headlight. I know Agent 47 requires you to remove a headlight for the duct to be installed. Be really careful if this is a street driver because you may be spending a lot of money and time on something you will have to fix after a fix it ticket for no front headlight.
I think you may be thinking of agent 47's ram air intake kit. It runs through the headlight. The agent 47 brake duct kit runs through the lower grill. And yes, I have 13K miles on my car and I have changed brake pads about 4 times, changed the calipers once, and all four rotors atleast 3 times. I have bent brake pads, destroyed calipers and made some pretty bumpy rotors. So I'm pretty sure its time to get some air down there
Old 05-13-2007, 02:30 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

besides, the fade in this car sucks. that's why im investigating. any time i get above 100mph and want to slow down, it is a slow slow down otherwise that horrible grinding from overheated pads. moore if ur from s.fl. i will work on a homemade kit w/ u one day. we'll get em both done. i was at home depot the other day and they didnt appear to have the proper hosing. then i looked online for silicone duct hoses and they seemed more expensive than the agent 47 kit. what gives?
Old 05-13-2007, 06:10 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

The brake fade in these cars are horrible.[:'(]
Old 05-13-2007, 07:31 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

if anyone who cares about this topic lives in south fl. i will make a day project of this with u and we can get both our cars done. i hate working on the car alone...
Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Could it just be the pads (causing the fade)? When I used to road race long ago, I used Hawk brake pads and they made a world of difference in the braking power and fade. See http://www.hawkperformance.com/performance/

Here is another link I found....

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=HWKHPS01&c=BR

Quick Reply: Anyone with brake cooling ducts?