Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLPs whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default SLPs whats the deal?

Come on.... I can never post anything about my flowmasters without some wise azz saying "Dude just get SLP". Whats the deal? I dont think there that great.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SLPs whats the deal?

Chill out man, I was just joking around with ya. I have a friend who has Flows, and while theyre not my cup of tea (decent tone at idle, just way too quiet), its certainly better than the sound of a Honda... Some of us just prefer a mean, wild, crazy loud, Nascar sounding exhaust, thats all.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:47 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

It nothing against you man... I was just talking to another guy and I figured this would be a good poll.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:51 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Chill out man, I was just joking around with ya. I have a friend who has Flows, and while theyre not my cup of tea (decent tone at idle, just way too quiet), its certainly better than the sound of a Honda... Some of us just prefer a mean, wild, crazy loud, Nascar sounding exhaust, thats all.
that's what O/R pipes are for, makes the Flows pretty damn loud.....

SLPs are straight thru and sound like CRAP without the cats.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:47 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

that's what O/R pipes are for, makes the Flows pretty damn loud.....

SLPs are straight thru and sound like CRAP without the cats.
Alot of people dont want to have to make their car emissions illegal or fail inspections just to make their exhaust louder.

And your second comment is pure opinion and was uncalled for... SLPs with an O/R pipe might be somewhat raspier than your Flows, but that doesnt mean they are crap. Like I said before, some of us prefer a wilder, Nascar type sound. And I never bashed your exhaust, I just said they werent my cup of tea... Im not even going to get into a pissing match with you about how I really think the Flows sound.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

I think they sound great. The SLPs sound great too. But there is no need for a pissing match. We are all Mustang lovers and thats that.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:59 AM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

To each his own. I won't put down someone else's but if asked my OPINION, I'll say go with the SLP especially if they want loud. Hell, the stock exhaust wasn't too bad but it just wasn't nearly loud enough for me. I listened to a lot of exhaust clips before deciding. The Flows sound good but I wanted louder. I've got Flows on my truck and had them on my V6.

I have come up with a good excuse (well maybe not but I like it) for getting the SLPs. I live in the country with a lot of wildlife and the sound will scare them away from the road long before I get to where they are. That way I don't have to worry about hitting a dear or hog or anything. I think I should get a discount on my insurance.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:27 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirtydeedsinc

To each his own. I won't put down someone else's but if asked my OPINION, I'll say go with the SLP especially if they want loud. Hell, the stock exhaust wasn't too bad but it just wasn't nearly loud enough for me. I listened to a lot of exhaust clips before deciding. The Flows sound good but I wanted louder. I've got Flows on my truck and had them on my V6.

I have come up with a good excuse (well maybe not but I like it) for getting the SLPs. I live in the country with a lot of wildlife and the sound will scare them away from the road long before I get to where they are. That way I don't have to worry about hitting a dear or hog or anything. I think I should get a discount on my insurance.
LOL That was a great excuse, I like it, wish I could use it but I live in the city. I will just say everything here is loud so it doesn't hurt to add to it lol and btw I have Pypes and love them, I have heard the SLP's personally as well and think they are great too. Have yet to hear Flow's in person, but to reitterate what someone said earlier most exhausts sound great on a Mustang, better than those coffee cans thats for sure.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

I love my SLP's!With that said, if I ever decide to go with an O/R H Pipe, I will probably put on a different set of axlebacks. I can see the SLP's getting insane loud. As far as just axlebacks go, I have not heard any better ones IMO. I've heard Borla axle backs, a full borla catback, mac, stingers, flowmasters.
I'm not knocking anyones exhaust here but I personally think the flowmasters were the weakest.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:03 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

SLPs are awesome. They sound mean and nascarish. They scare people. But they aren't loud past tolerance... Just plainly really loud.

They are great if you plan to keep the rest of your system stock... If you plan to delete cats or get an x-pipe, then nevermind, youll be in hell with SLPs.

Quick Reply: SLPs whats the deal?