Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Saleenator

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The Saleenator

Yes I'm Manual.... and put it this way... at 450RWHP for a street machine is more than enough....

Honestly, I do want more, but at the same time it is often killing me to drive it, only because I always wanna hammer down the throttle but unless I want to loose my license I can't. It takes a lot of restraint to drive it within something close to legal limits.

Even at 400RW it was tuff to drive normally... Not because you can't, the car drive fine and can be drivin grandma style, but mentally, it's a challenge.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:31 PM
cnapsys
2nd Gear Member

np arwing
Old 05-14-2007, 04:39 PM
cnapsys
2nd Gear Member

I just checked your ride on cardomain Perdi, that is one sweeeeeeeeeeet stang.
The blower looks great under the hood.
I know what you mean by wanting more power.
Although stock, I consider this to be a fast car, I pretty soon realized I wanna slap a blower in there. I think 400-420 and probably in the near future some other upgrades that would get me to 450 will be more than enough for a while.
heck, I just spent about 4k on the sc, about 1k on the other parts and about 2k on the installation and tunning. at least I'm gonna enjoy this thing and stop moddingfor a while.
I realized that I was just buying parts almost every day and then it struck me. I need to get suspension, brakes, driveline, etc etc...This will never end.
At least I'll take a break... not for long though...
Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM
cnapsys
2nd Gear Member

he he he...
i just remembered... if I could only here those Flowmasters in person... :-D
MACs sound good also
Old 05-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ahh, thanks for checkin it out...and thanks for the compliment... I'm just waiting on the GT500 Eibach Kit (I had the regualr GT kit on but it was too low cause of the weight of the blower in the front and the subs/amps in the rear) That will be the last mod for a bit... Eibach's and D-Specs...

I was considering an Aluminum DS, and might do that at the same time as the susp.... but, I may wait... and oddly enough the car already seems like a slug....it's not, but I'm getting used to the power...which is a good thing as well cause I can actually use more of it..

I let my buddy borrow my mini-van, he's had it for about a month, I'll have to get that back soon and take it for a spin...then get back in the Stang...ROFL
Old 05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

For what it worth:

People will have their opinions about what power adder to put on your car! Don't take advice from those that haven't addedany power adderto their own car!

That being said; for 95% of us ANY power adder will be more then enough power! Yes going a different routethere is more power available then your Saleen S/C can make BUT there are very FEW cars out there that are actually making more power then the Saleen series VI can make and theyare few and far apart! Chances are IF someone actuallyruns into this problem they didn't do their homework and failed the class of "How to add MAJOR horse power to the 4.6 Mustang"!

You'll be more then fine with your Saleen S/C and be making plenty of power to be able to know you'll hold your own very well against most challengers!

When we added our Saleen S/C we went directly to JDM stage 2.
So I can’t tell you what 435hp or 475hp feels like. But I can say what540hpfeels like ..… well ….. BRING ON THE WHIPPLE!! lol!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the saleenator is gonna be one bad a$$ ride!

great choice going with the saleen, it's one of my
favorites

Old 05-14-2007, 06:33 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cnapsys

ok... so after a month of sitting in my living room, it goes in tomorrow.
I'm gonna drop it to SuttonHP and hopefully by Monday everything should be rockin'
Here's the setup I chose to go with:
Saleen S/C
3.60 pulley
KB Boost-a-pump
39# injectors
HTO spark plugs
Steeda Complete CAI (includes the hi-flow inlet elbow)
Custom tune by SuttonHP

So, what do you guys think my numbers should be?
I'm aiming for somewhere around 420-430 to the wheels. Do you guys think this is possible?
btw it's an auto
Ok, Mine is an auto,...With Kooks LT headers and catted x pipe....with the saleen and all of my other items in my sig I am at 422 rwhp and 416 lbs torque with the 3.6 pulley. hope this helps : BY THE WAY....welcome to the family and good luck with your bad *** power.....TJ
Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
cnapsys
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence.
makes me feel good )
Just wanted to let you know I dropped the bad boy today at the shop. They should be done with it sometime next week.
Hope everything goes well...
Ahhhhhhh, I almost forgot....
couldn't help myself and grabbed the MACs as well
Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cnapsys
Ahhhhhhh, I almost forgot....
couldn't help myself and grabbed the MACs as well
Ahhh, now that's the spirit!!! I feel for ya though, this is gunna be a Loooooong week for ya... the anticipation makes hours seem like days... LOL

Quick Reply: The Saleenator