Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to tear up the local track NEED ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default Ready to tear up the local track NEED ADVICE

I drove out to the local drag strip (sunshine speedway) jsut to watch the test and tune night. It really got me anxious to get out there and try next week. My only issue is my tires suck for traction with the supercharger. Im thinking of throwing my stock 17" bullit on and possibly going with the MT ET Street radial and leaving my 20"s onfront. First question is there anything wrong with doing this, jsut for the track ofcourse? Second on the size for the MTs ive been suggested to get the 3743R which is a P275/40R17. Anyone have epxerience with this tire and fitting on the 8" wide rim. Suggested rim width is 9" but people have told me it would work. All help is needed, the F-bodies were taking out the stangs last night and I need to represent.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:41 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ready to tear up the local track NEED ADVICE

No one with some insight? I really want to rip up a couple f-bodies....
Old 05-17-2007, 07:49 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i think you will be able to fit it.. its just that i woudnt drop your tire pressure bc the bead is allready at an extreme angle..

if i were you.. just buy some cheap mag wheels and throw some slicks on it.. do a 17 x 10.5 or something..

just my .02
Old 05-17-2007, 07:55 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Geez so now i need to go searching for wheels. Any suggestions on where to ger some cheep ones and what brands to look for?

Old 05-17-2007, 07:59 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

Mickey Thompson ET streets may be a good start, the 275 4017 will fit your stock rims, the tire height will be lower. id put your 17s up front just to keep your weight down...
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Jizz
2nd Gear Member

Skip the ET Streets...

See if you can get a set of Dunlop FM901s in the correct size. The are VERY sticky... I could get 1.6x 60' times with these tires on my 2004 GTO when it was running 12.0 @ 115
Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: POWERS

I drove out to the local drag strip (sunshine speedway) jsut to watch the test and tune night. It really got me anxious to get out there and try next week. My only issue is my tires suck for traction with the supercharger. Im thinking of throwing my stock 17" bullit on and possibly going with the MT ET Street radial and leaving my 20"s onfront. First question is there anything wrong with doing this, jsut for the track ofcourse? Second on the size for the MTs ive been suggested to get the 3743R which is a P275/40R17. Anyone have epxerience with this tire and fitting on the 8" wide rim. Suggested rim width is 9" but people have told me it would work. All help is needed, the F-bodies were taking out the stangs last night and I need to represent.
I would not use that size tire on a stock Bullitt (17x8"). Just cuz other folks have done it doesn't mean that you should. The tire mfgr lists their minimum rim size for a reason.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

just think of all the weird looks u would get if u left the 20's on in the front, and put ur 17's in the back.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

go WAY ghetto - take your spare and borrow a buddy's and put them up front.

I would deep stage it.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 PM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

just think of all the weird looks u would get if u left the 20's on in the front, and put ur 17's in the back.
I think it could work it shows that my car is classy in the streets and a freak in the sheets.

Quick Reply: Ready to tear up the local track NEED ADVICE