Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ever new Ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First ever new Ford

ORIGINAL: Weed Racer

I'm not a car cover supporter at all. Having co-owned a detailing shop for a number of years, I've seen the slow damage that they do.

The best investment you can make to keep looking sharp between washes is a California Car Duster. Used gently, this thing will get that overnight dist and pollen off your ride like nothing else.

We had a rare 8 day stretch with no rain or dew here last week. I washed and waxed my car on a Saturday (it looked awesome), and for over a week kept that just washed look by spending 5 minutes every night after work dusting off, and I live on a gravel road where dust is serious business.

Anyway, car covers are popular enough, but unless the car is immaculately clean, it will abrade the paint by rubbing the dust that's between the car and the inside of the cover into the finish. This happens when the cover rustles in the wind, and when you haul the pain in the a$$ thing on and off. It's not a huge deal, but on a black car, will show.
Good advice, Weed. Been there, done that. I've been meaning to spew out some negativity about the use of car covers but up to now, I've just been too lazy. NowI can just agree with you without doing all that laborious typing. My advice would be to avoid the use of covers for the most part. Once in a while, they may prove beneficial, but the positives have to be weighed against the constant risk of damage to the paint. And black paint? As we all know black gloss will show imperfections more than any other color.

Oh, and congratulations on your beautiful newcar, 8178A.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:08 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

2007 Mustang GT Premium in all black, one of thousands but this one is mine! The Pantera and BMW 7 have garage priority so the Mustang gets to stay outside. It drives and sounds great.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69549/34F25F8B6EA74F3FA5E96FDFF7EB9069.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spuddogg

So don't be suprisedif every fart-can toting, rice-burning nitwit, cummins-diesel redneck, and yes, even the frustrated 'soccer dad' in a minivan tries to light you up when you're out and about.
This is a feller who is wise beyond his years......

He forgot to mention the fact that these cars can also become a high speed wallet draining device.... Mods, Mods, Mods....'

Just when you think your done, and you have it in your head that you actually want to be done with the mods, there always seems to be another thing that ya just can't live without.... Ohh and trust me, if there is one nook or one cranny that can be modded there are 10 different companies making something for it...
Old 05-19-2007, 02:54 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

First congras, Second, if the rice burner trys something, please, please dust 'em

As for car covers, I use one, and the car is clean before covered. YES get a good buffer and duster. Just dust before covering. Yes it is a pain, but until I get a Three car garage, want else can I do???

And yes, $$$$$ on Mods. OHG. But it is fun.

Enjoy the car.

07 GT 5 spd Vista Blue.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 AM
AWESOMO 4000
1st Gear Member

I have a black one too with the 18" chrome Bullitts. I really like Windviel Blue and Alloy, but when this thing is clean......looks so frigging cool. I remember when the day I first got it and drove it to work. Girl I work with went nuts over it. "You got black too....I'm so happy....look at it. It looks so rough!"

I drove mine in the winter last year too. Set of snow tires and rims, let the good times roll all year 'round. I used to be a freak about taking my cars out in anything other than nice weather. Whatever. It's metal, plastic, glass, and rubber, and Ford makes 1,000,000 of them a year. The luster kind of got worn off mine because 2 weeks after I bought it, some guy sideswipped me in a hit and run. So at that point I was like, eh....whatever. A month ago, someone backed into itat my gym, took off. Got it out of the body shop, some kids keyed it, because I had it parked out by itself in a parking lot so it wouldn't get messed with.

Long story short - it's a car. Enjoy it. Beat on it. Wash it 3 times a week. Take it to the racetrack. It can take it, you're not going to break anything. Get your money out of it. No use saving it for future generations. They can get their own.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:57 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

A few years after the camaro came out you could buy Mods for the camaro from 1,000s of parts dealers. The Mustang is the same now. only bigger. 10,000s of parts dealers selling anything a mustang could ever be fitted with. I love it. all those Chevy guys must be a little jealous when a shinny new Mustang rolls by, and a Black one is so good looking. But then it's really hard to find a bad color in the Mustang color chart. (maybe pink).
Old 05-19-2007, 06:50 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on your ride, the Mustang is the most modded vehicle, next to the Jeep Wrangler. Many mod choices and much fun.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 AM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AWESOMO 4000

Long story short - it's a car. Enjoy it. Beat on it. Wash it 3 times a week. Take it to the racetrack. It can take it, you're not going to break anything. Get your money out of it. No use saving it for future generations. They can get their own.
Exactly! It’s going to sit outside and get driven. If it gets messed up Ford has thousands more just like it. On the other hand my collector car is a 1971 de Tomaso Pantera and it gets special treatment.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:02 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Awesome choice! I just bought my first Ford in 18 years several weeks ago. The look reminded me of the older Mustangs and I just had to have it.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

+1000
ORIGINAL: AWESOMO 4000

I have a black one too with the 18" chrome Bullitts. I really like Windviel Blue and Alloy, but when this thing is clean......looks so frigging cool. I remember when the day I first got it and drove it to work. Girl I work with went nuts over it. "You got black too....I'm so happy....look at it. It looks so rough!"

I drove mine in the winter last year too. Set of snow tires and rims, let the good times roll all year 'round. I used to be a freak about taking my cars out in anything other than nice weather. Whatever. It's metal, plastic, glass, and rubber, and Ford makes 1,000,000 of them a year. The luster kind of got worn off mine because 2 weeks after I bought it, some guy sideswipped me in a hit and run. So at that point I was like, eh....whatever. A month ago, someone backed into it at my gym, took off. Got it out of the body shop, some kids keyed it, because I had it parked out by itself in a parking lot so it wouldn't get messed with.

Quick Reply: First ever new Ford