Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black bullitts on my GT500?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 03:43 PM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Black bullitts on my GT500?

please don't put those damn louvers or side scoops on the 500. Those things just distract from the car. I can't say that I like that look on any mustang.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:47 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Throw the black bullits on and see how it looks.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:47 PM
SlinkyBMX
2nd Gear Member

Car looks great! I think black rims would look really nice. Kind of a stealth look. You have louvers on your other mustang. I believe louvers and scoops both look good. Took me awhile but I finally went with louvers. The wheels on your 500 would look really nice powder coated black. Nice cars!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Will the 18" bullitt wheels even fit over the GT500 front brakes?
Old 05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Hey man, how you been doin? Did you get your car back in the paint shop? seemed you had some repairs to do.

I haven't done anything new to mine but l will likely do this soon: adj, LCA's, set pinion angle, probably Tokico's though just really need rears. Probably C&L AIR INTAKE WITH SCT X-CAL 2 and line locks. Have been so busy at work but vaca time coming up.

I'm thinking I will cut/fab my OE panhard bar to the current length of my adj BMR bar and put the OE bar back in. Kinda trick to be centered with OE bar and would like rubber bushing ends back actually. I'll let you know when I get going on these mods. When done will be doing a few "burn out" video takes. will post. It's summer... gotta play
Ive been pretty good, saving up for more mods lol. Car went in for some minor work, but I recently had something else happen to it, so it will be going back... yet again. Also, I have yet to get my SHR louvers painted and installed. So those will be getting done whenever she goes back. Just cant seem to find the time anymore. But summer is coming, so there will be some time to get stuff done soon. And yeah I knew it was only a matter of time before you were going to get some performance stuff. Definately shoot me a pm sometime, its been awhile, and let me know when ya get everything going, cause you know Im gonna wanna see some pictures![8D] I wanna see a burnout vid too, that would be sweet! Summer is almost here, time to have some fun and let her run!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:14 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you have been like me; no time, but yup summer almost here (was gonna get into the weld/fab work on the OE panhard bar this weekend but it's gonna rain all weekend; really need to get the car outside to do this right). Yeah, after the mods are done, it's video time for sure; those will be keepers . I'll be sure to let you know. Perfomance mods are just to get me quicker than stock GT's and other stop light challengers;looking for quick launch capability and 60' times, then just let the CAI and tune do what it can; ran into old friend of mine, hehas 06 GTO but no track around here so not sure we'll ever race. I'll let you know if any news!
Old 05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: freefallpat
I just think the complete black look would look mean.
What do you guys think?

Pat
Definitely.
My 'dream' is to completely de-badge mine, put on as much tint as possible without getting a ticket, and either powercoat my stock bullits black or get some black FR500's.
I want it to look like a shadow or better yet, death incarnate.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:57 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

oh for the love of god please do not put window lovours on, unless you plan on using your car as a washboard down at the river to clean your clothes.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I agree that powdercoated stock wheels would look freakin awesome
Old 05-19-2007, 07:44 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

oh for the love of god please do not put window lovours on, unless you plan on using your car as a washboard down at the river to clean your clothes.
agreed.. but, I would rock some black 20" deep dish rims 10" wide or 10.5" wide in the back and 9" in the front with a polished lip on your car... That would set it off... or even all black with no polished lip... I love this pic from the Los Angeles Galpin Cruise..i would go with a completely custom rim .. i mean, after all you are driving a GT500.

keep the shelby rims so you can return it back to stock. that car is a collectors item so I would definatly retain all of the original parts.

Quick Reply: Black bullitts on my GT500?