Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got screwed by a wheel vendor

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:57 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got screwed by a wheel vendor

There is a little known law that is in effect with card transactions. If you are over fifty miles away from the place you made the purchase from you should be able to cancel the charges. I would call your bank and see what they say, I'm not sure if it applies to debit cards.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:01 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I've already gone @ with BofA - they wont help me because it's a debit card.

I got the link for Lakeshore Wheel and Tire off of this site. I hardly see how me getting f***ed is my fault because I didn't use a MF vendor. That's like telling a rape victim it's her fault for being there.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:20 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

lesson to be learned here, debit cards do not carry the protections that credit cards do. Hopefully in the near future banks will offer similar services and protections. As it stands now, very little can be done after you purchase it with a debit card if your not happy with the service or product.

Always use the credit card for online unseen purchases ...

You can contact the BBB and see what they have to offer, contact the vendor again and ask to speak with someone in charge, review everything with him. Askif they willcross ship the proper wheels... that is #1 foronline purchases that are screwed up or defective. Dont be afraid to info them you will be contacting the BBB. They should be willing to reship the proper wheels and arrange for pickup of these wheels. If they break even or eat it on this order that is therisk of being in business and making mistakes.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:27 AM
moriel248

Sorry to hear BofA isn't being very helpful. I had a dispute in a similar situation (online purchase with a debit card, wrong thing arrived) and they totally went to bat for me. It was a few years ago though, so they might have tightened up a bit. It's sad to hear. That one incident was surprisingly endearing and loyalty inspiring.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:38 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

I went through a similar experience with an online vendor, when I threatened to go to the BBB, they laughed.

I found out when I went to BBB that the vendor already had a bad rep, wished I seen that before the purchase. You can still report it to the BBB, at least then if someone checks them out prior to purchasing they will know.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:41 AM
waykooljr
3rd Gear Member

Oh, the wheel vendor that screwed me....

OE Wheels [sm=boosign.gif]

http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/common...ml?bid=1005359
Old 05-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ya I read about bad wheel vendors on Ebay. You always wonder why someone has sets for $500 when everyone else wants $250/ea. at least.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:30 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I've already gone @ with BofA - they wont help me because it's a debit card.

I got the link for Lakeshore Wheel and Tire off of this site. I hardly see how me getting f***ed is my fault because I didn't use a MF vendor. That's like telling a rape victim it's her fault for being there.
Yeah, that criticism was uncalled for. Even with reputable vendors, MF vendors included, there can be misunderstandings that have to be resolved. And in your case, the vendor was clearly wrong.

Does your debit card have a Visa symbol on it? Mine does, and a couple of years ago, I called to dispute a charge. I was handled like any disputed charge. They immediately put the money back into my checking account an notified the vendor that he had 30 days to either justify the charge or that they would backcharge him.

Maybe BoA has different cards in different areas. Mine says "check card" and can be used as a debit card or a credit card. Doing either comes out of my checking accound immediately, but using it as a credit card gives the same protection as any other Visa card. You might want to call BoA and ask them if this is true of your card. If so, make sure you always treat it as a credit card. If not, maybe you can get a check card that works that way. That might not help you with your current problem, but maybe it will help you in the future.

Hey, if you haven't already given them money and you have a normal Visa card, maybe you could get them to charge the extra charges to the Visa card, and then try to deal with them after you get your wheels by disputing the charges with Visa. Might not work, though since the original purchase was made with your debit card.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

Hears the problem, Communications.
They told you there were no wheels available like you ordered.(45mm offset) and gave you an alternative( 30mm)which you agreed to . ("After some researchI decided they would probably work well and agreed to have them sent.)They sent the wheels that you agreed to and you complained.When you agreed to the different wheels YOU should have made it clear that NOW what you would like is the 30mm 18x9 Cobra R replica wheels. But you , did not make it clear. you assumed that a wheel company would know what you want and send you that wheel.

Communications is the problem not the manufacturer. and that communications is mostly your fault, your sending money, right.
Blame is easy, responsibility is difficult.
Sorry dude.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

Lets all call em and say...."I WAS gonna order from you but.........."

Quick Reply: Got screwed by a wheel vendor