Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

homelink installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: homelink installed

Bill, my guy seems to be a bit confused. Could you set up another unit for your fellow mustang folk?
Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

oakman, I got the homelink on the mirror too.It is not an option,but an acc. Dealer installed , not factory. Installed at dealr at time of purchace and warrentied by Ford, also got a 7 year, 75,000 Ford warrity. So the homelink mirror is covered for a good 7 years.
But I mean just the homelink. I also have Fivehundred and Freestyle. Both have the same homelink partsbill installed, only on the visor. Where Patrsbill installed his on his Mustang it looks factory. Ford should offer that install as a factory option. Looks great.
Ford offers the autodim mirror as an option on the Mustang, just no homelink. Can anyone say marketing?
Old 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Did you have a template to cut out for each button or should we cut out one big hole to accomodate all 3 buttons and status light?
Old 06-02-2007, 11:35 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

I took the face plate off the the unit and used that as a template, I cut 1 hole to fit the face plate then when I trimmed it to where it fit nice I put the faceplate back on the unit and mounted the unit inside the console, I thought about trying to cut each hole for the buttons but that would have been pretty much impossible, besides the plastic on the console is to thick for the buttons to stick through to where you can push them.
[IMG][/image
Old 06-05-2007, 04:21 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Bill, I got lucky with the wires, one red one black. The cover faceplated is sandstone but that got worke out. My friend is renting a silver on black LS for a while and I switched the face plate with him. My main problem is I cant place the buttons to come out far enough to pop the faceplate on. Console is so thick that even if I ws to glue the cover in place I could not get to the buttons. What am I supposed to do? Pease advise. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Bill, I got lucky with the wires, one red one black. The cover faceplated is sandstone but that got worke out. My friend is renting a silver on black LS for a while and I switched the face plate with him. My main problem is I cant place the buttons to come out far enough to pop the faceplate on. Console is so thick that even if I ws to glue the cover in place I could not get to the buttons. What am I supposed to do? Pease advise. Thanks.
Good question. Bill, maybe you can pop off your cover and take a close-up so we can see how the unit is installed. Also, a few words on placement of the Homelink in the overhead console would be a big help as well.

Bill, Thanks again for your help and advice. Once done this will be a cost saving mod from having to buy the mirror set-up.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

the face plate is sticking thru the console, not on top of it, in other words you need to cutthe hole large enough for the faceplate to stick thru from the inside.

take your time and trim the hole until the face plate fits snug.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Awesome, Thanks again Bill for your quick reply and help. I plan on working on mine today!