Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I took out a good majority of my interior today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I took out a good majority of my interior today!

LTR, what is your problem dude? No one wants to hear your comments that have nothing to do with the subject. Its one thing to post stupid crap like that in OT, but this is Tech. Get over yourself and stop typing your mindless babble, its getting old.

Is it just me or does this guy remind anyone else of LEJAY as well?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:03 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT06GT

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

[sm=signs006.gif][sm=wakeup.gif][sm=wtf.gif]
@sshole Imo, ignore em.

Guess what TorchRED I got my mustang @ 19 and paid and am still paying every damn penny myself. Do i have money to eat? NO but i have my damn GTthat i love more then anythingand hate people like you who assume someone at a young age driving a mustang is a low life, undeserving, way less of a person then you.

Back on topic now, With our cars weighing as much as they do I dont really think 52 lbs is going to be worth the weight strip for the look of the car. If you dont mind it then 2 thumbs up to you, but what do you want a 6 or 10 point roll cage in the car for? not to mention that adding it is just going to replace the weight u took out and ruin the awsome job ford did at bringing back a classic looking mustang interior that can actually be talked about compaired to the last 20 or so years.
Well, to be honest, I don't mind how it looks without the interior. And Im just putting in the roll cage because I plan on racing this car in NASA's American Iron challenge later on maybe next season.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:05 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Back on subject... How thick is the stock sound insulation? Any pics of the stuff that you took out? Id like to see whats really padding/insulating everything without tearing my own apart right now.
I was surprised, because there wasnt a whole lot of insulation, just mainlythe plastic panels you see, with a bit of foam, thin carpet/insulation.

I was really surprised how nice it sounds now. If you just roll up your windows and get on it, it really has a race car type sound. It makes the exhaust very throaty, while its right up inyour ears. And it has this type of sound that you can't really explain; kinda like if you ran the actual exhaust pipes through the cabin of the car. I don't know if that makes any sense, but oh well.
Yeah... I know whatcha mean about the exhaust sound. I didnt figure we had much. Ill end up digging in there one day, so Ill just have to wait and see if I want more or not.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:07 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I'm not complaining JT,......
I "just don't understand" how you would "gut" a PERFECTLY GOOD CAR, for 52# ?
HEY !, Enjoy your car, I'm not here to make you feel ..... "Like I'm not on topic"
Shoot, if you gotta strip your interior, (for 52#)to be FASTER,...... you really don't know HOW to DRIVE.
I'm not gonna turn this into a "thread/internet war" !Like.....you said, orI said..... "showdown".
YOU do what ya got to do to WIN,[sm=signs003.gif][sm=signs003.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]
Old 05-23-2007, 03:20 AM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

lol dude, it's NOT your car so every1 to his own, i don't like stripped cars either, but i don't complain about it here.
It's his project and good for him to stick with it.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:45 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Shoot, if you gotta strip your interior, (for 52#)to be FASTER,...... you really don't know HOW to DRIVE.
I don't even have to comment on this because this quote alone shows your ignorance.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

AI? you do own another vehicle right?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:54 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

AI? you do own another vehicle right?
My family has a camry as a run around car, or a backup car.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Nelly looks naked! Please put a blanket over her privates!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

It may not be exactly accurate, but using an ET/HP/WT calculator, I came up with the following data:

For a 3500 lb total weight vehicle with 280 rwhp, saving 52 pounds will lower your calculated ET from 13.52 to 13.45. At a trap speed of 100 mph, this equates to about 10 feet. Reducing the vehicle weight by 52 lbs equates to increasing horsepower from 280 to 284.

Quick Reply: I took out a good majority of my interior today!