Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where to get cheap red caliper paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:02 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: where to get cheap red caliper paint

some new ones, and what i did w/ my extra decal!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/65952/EF5B88B8364745D5A6C712B3DF164095.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2007, 08:04 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

more

[IMG]local://upfiles/65952/98C26DF96DA64376A7AC81BE6EE33172.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

more

[IMG]local://upfiles/65952/A44792ED6B2D41CCB254543E55C86EAA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

nice job..so far i've got one done...because i didn't know it would take soo long to tape aorund it...and now im at work..so ill finish the rest around midnight..lol

then i gotta install short shifter in morning..cant wait
Old 05-22-2007, 10:02 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

wow....your adding a lot of mods to your car.....very rapidly...ME LIKEY!!!

the fogs...the new rims...the painted calipers...the short throw...and who know what else
Old 05-22-2007, 10:34 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

I used the duplicolor kit for about $14 +/- in autozne. I opted for the brush-on type that way I did not have to cover things up..the whole process was about 2 hours with two coats. NO regrets and it's working very well....no peels, no scaling, no anything....
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
brandon97
1st Gear Member

Can you give me your process from start to finish? Are you just using a jack stand or just jacking up one wheel at a time? I would only have access to one wheel at a time, how long would it take for it to dry enough where I could lower the car to do the next tire?

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:21 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

OR try AVON's cheap "nail polish", maybe something................... we'll match.
Holy ****........ we have the the best CAR, for the $$$$ in 2 decades, and (you) LOOK for cheap caliperpaint ?
R U JEWISH ????????
ROFLMAO
are u jewish? somebody might find that offensive.

to answer the thread starters question, i just did this last weekend. i got engine enamel at pep boys for 5 bucks. came in a spray can. i wrapped news paper around the rotor and taped it down. then i sprayed the calliper. this is the third car i did like this and they come out great. go to xenonmods.com and get urself the decals for the calliper too, theyre sick. 8 bucks for the set, and it comes w/ extra decals. i made great use of my extras, i will post pics tomorrow if i get around to it.

Not Jewish, but found it highly offensive.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:40 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

OR try AVON's cheap "nail polish", maybe something................... we'll match.
Holy ****........ we have the the best CAR, for the $$$$ in 2 decades, and (you) LOOK for cheap caliperpaint ?
R U JEWISH ????????
ROFLMAO
are u jewish? somebody might find that offensive.

to answer the thread starters question, i just did this last weekend. i got engine enamel at pep boys for 5 bucks. came in a spray can. i wrapped news paper around the rotor and taped it down. then i sprayed the calliper. this is the third car i did like this and they come out great. go to xenonmods.com and get urself the decals for the calliper too, theyre sick. 8 bucks for the set, and it comes w/ extra decals. i made great use of my extras, i will post pics tomorrow if i get around to it.

Not Jewish, but found it highly offensive.
I think I did too.

Back to the topic at hand. Do this project one wheel at a time and use a jack.Loosen bolts on front wheelsfirst or the wheels will spin. Wrap each rotor with news paper and tape the paper down to make it stay. Paint or spray the calliper. Let it sit for about 5 minutes and coat again if you are spray painting. If your painting by hand you will have to wait longer for extra coats. Repeat if it looks necessary. Once your satisfied with the paint, if it's relatively well ventilated wait about 10-15 minutes before you put the wheel back on. I use the back of my finger to gently see if it is dry enough before I put the wheel back on, if you use the front you might make the paint take the shape of your finger prints. If it is dry enough(doesn't have to be completely dry), put the wheel back on carefully, avoiding touching the calliper, and move on to the next one. It took me about two hours only cuz I was doing other stuff. Each wheel took me about 20 minutes. If you spray paint you might get drips, carefully press them with the back of your finger to form the bottom nicely. You will get messy if you spray paint, but it's fast and easy.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 AM
GS2006

Meijer's has the DupliColor kit for $8.00

Quick Reply: where to get cheap red caliper paint