Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a new grill. need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 08:12 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

Default looking for a new grill. need ideas

As some of you know I recently got the center mounted eleanor grill from mustangsunlimited.com and I did not like the quality. It was warped at the bottom and almost all the clips have brocken off and it seems cheap. I also had some screw towers split. I called mustangunlimited but they told me I cannot return it because I have already "abused" it. I installed it perfectly it was just a cheap grill. Im ready just to toss it and count my losses. I want the same style but a better quality, either that or a grill with the normal mounted fogs without the center pony emblem. Any sites, pics, or ideas would be appreciated. Im looking on spending around 100-200.

thanks in advance guys!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: looking for a new grill. need ideas

Try herehttp://www.mossmustang.com,prices are a little higher,but sometimes you get what you pay for.I've ordered from these guy's and had no problems with service or quality from them.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:19 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Dont toss it. Almost everyone had or has this problem with the clips and the towers. As fo the towers, unfortunately the hole is too small for the big factory screws. I tried opening the holes on mine, but the screws were still to big and the towers split. You either have to get narrower screws and possibly still open the holes a bit or what I did since mine had split already, is get some JB WELD and coat the outside of the towers to make a nice strong jacket around the split towers. You can also usethe JBto reattach the clips. Good luck.

As for the warped, that was the 1st gen production that was floating around. I have not seen one to see how bad it was but I made sure to ask before mine was sent out to not send me a warped 1st gen. Ineed a clean 2nd gen. You can contest the sale w/ your credit card company and show them the warping problem. Whether you broke the clip or not, or split the towers or not, the warping could not have been done by you. I would also blast the hell out of the company you got it from. Maybe if they get enough **** from people like you that they have screwed, they would learn a good lesson.

Good luck and Im sorry to hear about your frustrationsbecause I can relate to 2 out of 3 of them.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:28 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Cervini's.

I will never purchase a hood, body parts, anything of that nature anywhere else.
I bought a 93 cobra kit from them years ago, perfect fit, amazing quality.

They have a grill that looks real clean, i'd get it but I don't want one with the horse.

I also hear good things about CDC - Classic Design Concepts.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Dont toss it. Almost everyone had or has this problem with the clips and the towers. As fo the towers, unfortunately the hole is too small for the big factory screws. I tried opening the holes on mine, but the screws were still to big and the towers split. You either have to get narrower screws and possibly still open the holes a bit or what I did since mine had split already, is get some JB WELD and coat the outside of the towers to make a nice strong jacket around the split towers. You can also use the JB to reattach the clips. Good luck.

As for the warped, that was the 1st gen production that was floating around. I have not seen one to see how bad it was but I made sure to ask before mine was sent out to not send me a warped 1st gen. Ineed a clean 2nd gen. You can contest the sale w/ your credit card company and show them the warping problem. Whether you broke the clip or not, or split the towers or not, the warping could not have been done by you. I would also blast the hell out of the company you got it from. Maybe if they get enough **** from people like you that they have screwed, they would learn a good lesson.

Good luck and Im sorry to hear about your frustrationsbecause I can relate to 2 out of 3 of them.

Just wanted to say, your front end looks clean...even scary in a sense...what brand did you go with?
Any more pics?
Old 05-22-2007, 10:35 PM
UndergroundMustang
2nd Gear Member

Hello,

www.undergroundmustang.com

We carry a complete line of Chrome Stainless Steel Grilles and we also have the 3D Carbon GT500 Eleanor Grille. If you are interested email me or PM me for pics and pricing. Everything in stock and can ship out same day.

Thank you
Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

I got my Elenore style grille from autoaccessoriesforu on the
bay. It wasmade byStreet Scene and the production date
was 7-06. I installed the Stainless Steel screws that are OEM
only to find smaller cadium plated screws in the box. I heated
the OEM screws and the towers didnt break. Then I noticed
two broken tabs. The seller has initated a Fed-Ex pick-up.
Now to wait for the claim and get the seller to send another,
hopefully better packed, grille. ARGHUUUU
Old 05-23-2007, 07:06 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Dont toss it. Almost everyone had or has this problem with the clips and the towers. As fo the towers, unfortunately the hole is too small for the big factory screws. I tried opening the holes on mine, but the screws were still to big and the towers split. You either have to get narrower screws and possibly still open the holes a bit or what I did since mine had split already, is get some JB WELD and coat the outside of the towers to make a nice strong jacket around the split towers. You can also usethe JBto reattach the clips. Good luck.

Just wanted to say, your front end looks clean...even scary in a sense...what brand did you go with?
Any more pics?
He went with the Ford brand. That's the GT500 front bumper and grilles. And I totally agree....his car is just plain awesome.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 PM
blkGTconvert04
2nd Gear Member

I emailed mustangsunlimited.com because there phoneline was closed. So hopfuly they will give me a refund or a replacement that is 2nd gen.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:58 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Selling that puppy, I mean grille, on the bay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-an...14935739QQrdZ1

Quick Reply: looking for a new grill. need ideas