Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

track times!....all that matters is that i had fun right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: track times!....all that matters is that i had fun right?

Thats probably because boost doesnt kick in until a couple of miles later.

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Yeah about the Shelby being slow....I have never driven one but I was at a dealership and I was talking to a guy there who was looking at Foose Stallions. He said they offered him a deal on the one GT500 they had there on the lot, but they didn't want to let him drive it (???) Anyway, he convinced them to let him drive it and he said it didn't feel like it was supercharged at all. He said his wife's Mustang felt faster.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:01 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

MikesTorchedGT you and I have just about the same set up.........I dont have an o/r though.....I took my Torch Red out for the first time, last Sunday, but we run a 1/8 track. Havent had the opportunity to hit the 1/4 track.......out of (3) passes the best time I got was 9.2 but I didnt get my slip so I dont know how fast I was. I too have a manual and running with 20s. Can you tell me what rpm you launched at????? Just curious.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:12 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

It's your first time out in the Stang so you can't expect too much. But now you have a good feeling of how your car performs at the track so expect better times your next time out for sure. Gotta get that 60' down too.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

MikesTorchedGT you and I have just about the same set up.........I dont have an o/r though.....I took my Torch Red out for the first time, last Sunday, but we run a 1/8 track. Havent had the opportunity to hit the 1/4 track.......out of (3) passes the best time I got was 9.2 but I didnt get my slip so I dont know how fast I was. I too have a manual and running with 20s. Can you tell me what rpm you launched at????? Just curious.
yea i must admit your car dose look good...haha i started at about 1500, then 2000, then 1700....wierd because when i launched at 1700 i got my best ets...and traps 13.8 @ 104 but when i launched at 2k i got my best 60 of 2.27 but had to let off cuz i was spinning pretty bad...my best 1/8 time was 9.085 @ 81 mph
Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 PM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

It's your first time out in the Stang so you can't expect too much. But now you have a good feeling of how your car performs at the track so expect better times your next time out for sure. Gotta get that 60' down too.
we definitly need to take that cobra out there so then i can tell you to get your 60ft down! haha im goin to check when the next test and tune is so we can get some decent runs in
Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Heldridge, what kind of tires do you have on your car now?..
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 PM
MikesTorchedGT
2nd Gear Member

stock 235s....haha i need DRs and LCAs
Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikesTorchedGT

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

we definitly need to take that cobra out there so then i can tell you to get your 60ft down! haha im goin to check when the next test and tune is so we can get some decent runs in
Lol. Yea bro, we can go on Saturdays now too. I'm ready!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:32 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Yea, you need wider tires for sure!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikesTorchedGT

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

yea i must admit your car dose look good...haha i started at about 1500, then 2000, then 1700....wierd because when i launched at 1700 i got my best ets...and traps 13.8 @ 104 but when i launched at 2k i got my best 60 of 2.27 but had to let off cuz i was spinning pretty bad...my best 1/8 time was 9.085 @ 81 mph
I really think I could get under 9 if I could get some street slicks; I think those 20s are hurting some too! Seeing you did a 9.085 convinces me I can do it. Im launching between 3Gs and 3500Gs and that may not be helping. So thanks, you gave some inspiration to try some different things!!!

Quick Reply: track times!....all that matters is that i had fun right?