Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When A kid says...... *Need Help*

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:53 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Default RE: When A kid says...... *Need Help*

Its better it was in the back. You can remove your front seats easilyand takeapart the back even easier. Maybe a good reason to detail the interior. If you have access to a high pressure air nozzle you could blow out the female part of the seatbelt after dropping a little soap and water in there. You can get carpet shampoo products from your local auto parts store. Fold down the seats abit and leave your doors and trunk open to air it out and you can even spray a bit of fabreze. Trust me I have done this. My son blew out a huge load from the back seat of my old Tahoe, like a projectile/vomit missle, all over the place, including my head and shoulders. It was a 9[:'(] on your sclae too. Boy that was fun.[:@]
Old 05-25-2007, 09:01 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

moslty water and what appeared to be fruit, and skittles...
Were the skittles at least chewed?????

Seriously though, glad the litte tyke is ok. I'm sure your first concern was with him, and I certainly understand the worries about the "post spewage scent"......[:'(][:'(][:'(]

Good luck,
Mike
Old 05-25-2007, 09:13 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Too many HP's [8D]

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Yeah, fellers, maybe that did come out a tad biased twards the car, I assure you that is certainly not the case... My son is fine...Kids get sick, the world still turns.. no big deal...

Still can't blame me for my frusteration and not wanting my car smelling like puke, or having puke stains all over the car... He was in the back seat btw, so at least it's good to know that they can come out easily.. Hopefully I can get to that inside hole part where the belt buckle comes thru..Somehow the bulk of it all landed in and on that little hole... (murphys law??)

It wasn't the driving that did it to him, I drive like a granny with the kids in the car...... I had just picked him up form playing outside in 90 degree heat all afternoon... I could tell he was overheated, he said he drank too much water...

And in actuallity, as far as pukes go, it was probably like a 2 on the nastiness scale... moslty water and what appeared to be fruit, and skittles... So even though it was a lot, at least it wasn't that curdled milk disgusting smelling puke... But because there was so much water, it went everywhere.. seeping into all the little nooks and crannies and probably every little crevis it could get into...
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

My son is fine, he's been playing 360 for the last hour, and just ate some pizza... He was just way overheated from playing outside too long in the hot humid heat...

the skittles were chewed...
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Perdi

He's freaking puking all over the car.....and himself.... I'm mortified....
kids puke, i don't see why that's so embarassing.

by the by, u wanna get the smell out, take it to have it detailed and tell them what happened. some drunk dude puked in my mothers car once, cost about 100 for the detailing, but it worked for the most part. took some time as well for the smell to go away.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

My daughter spilled a full bottle of chocolate milk in the back seat and didn't say anything about it. what a nice smell that was.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:22 PM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

ya know ... for future reference, there's an internal release in the trunk.

JUST KIDDING!

Old 05-25-2007, 09:35 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Perdi,

The backseat can be removed extremely easily, I had to remove it completely to install my upper control arm.

All that you have to do is put your hands under the actual seat and pull up and it will snap out of place, it takes quite a bit of pressure but it is very easy and the seatbelt portion will be totally accessible. You will also be able to just spray the seat off with some water and I would refurbish the seat by using some leather cleaner and conditioner to get the smell and dried liquid out.

I'm only 18 but I know your frustration, from just about anything. I don't let any of my friends drive in my car because they don't understand(seems harsh but they don't care about my **** and if it gets messed up or not). Anyway you obviously spoke out of frustration on your first post, but best of luck!

Good luck, the car will be fine.

-Jeff
Old 05-25-2007, 09:41 PM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

ouch poor car, you should wait 10-15 years then puke all over his car and see how HE likes it[sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 05-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Ahh cool, I'll get at it tomorrow... I got most of it up, but gunna 'fine tooth comb' it in the morning...

BTW, llds, I wasn't embarassed, I was 'motified' at the fact that my son was puking and it was flying around the back seat like we were in a wind tunnel..

nothsa, thanks a bunch for the heads up in removing the bottom of the seat... good to know...

Quick Reply: When A kid says...... *Need Help*