Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of what I did the past few days and a few little gifts for the mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 01:31 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of what I did the past few days and little gifts for the mustang!

UPDATE: Removed my headliner and A pillar plastics (front and rear)
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of what I did the past few days and little gifts for the mustang!

Nice.....A friend of mine has a 2000 GT race prepared from bondurant that was being sold. It has a fuel cell, different suspension, cooling fan, roll cage, abs delete, halon. He's SCCA certified, and its not street legal (not registered) (body in white). He loves it and goes racing all the time. He ripped out everything in the interior also.....but the fact that this is your daily driver and not just a toy...makes it seema little daredevilish. But to each his own.

Wait....your married and secured right? Because if your not....then them chicks aint gonna wanna take rides in your car....or ne fun in the lack there of back seat may hurt a bit OUCH!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:57 AM
armour845
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of what I did the past few days and a few little gifts for the mustang!

I guess that's one way to get rid of the rattles in the interior.

If you want to get rid of any of that stuff, mainly the console area for cheap, let me know.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:01 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of what I did the past few days and a few little gifts for the mustang!

ORIGINAL: armour845

I guess that's one way to get rid of the rattles in the interior.

If you want to get rid of any of that stuff, mainly the console area for cheap, let me know.
Name the parts that your interested in.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:02 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

Wait....your married and secured right? Because if your not....then them chicks aint gonna wanna take rides in your car....or ne fun in the lack there of back seat may hurt a bit OUCH!
Nope, young and single. But Ive got other cars that can be the "date cars"
Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Nice
Old 05-28-2007, 03:55 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

i love how u call it a gift for your mustang. i need to get my mustang a gift.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:33 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

Wow! I guess that's not your daily driver then? All you need is some sponsor stickers and you've got yourself a race car!!

Are you doing this for just a few runs to see how it effects your times, or is this the way you're going?

Nope, she's my daily driver

And Im leaving it this way for good. Ive already shaved off about 200 pounds!

oh, and I do road racing, not drag racing.

I do hope you realize, that your car is now un-insurable, as it is no longer a passenger car, and extremely modified for specific racing. Yes, you might bepaying premiums, and insurance co is cashing the checks. But the point is, if you have an accident and an adjuster looks at your car, you will be DENIED on the spot, and if you did damage to anyone else you will be paying for their car too, out of your pocket.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

I want to know what the REAL story is. Are you preparing the car for AI or is it a daily driver? There is NOT a compromise. Why are you running a crap seat? Why are you running on Hoosiers? the AI spec tire is the Toyo RA1. You should be getting track time on THAT tire because it's nothing like the Hoosier. Now is not the time to let a good tire mask bad habits. You haven't even begun to shed weight. Why is the e-brake handle there? What about the dash? All you have done so far is pull plastics and carpet. All that metal needs to go. All that glue crap needs to go. Do you want to look cool or win races? Driving around on the street with a gutted car thatwill maybe run a 12 in the quarter makes you look like a tool. You need to decide if it's a street car or a race car.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I want to know what the REAL story is. Are you preparing the car for AI or is it a daily driver? There is NOT a compromise. Why are you running a crap seat? Why are you running on Hoosiers? the AI spec tire is the Toyo RA1. You should be getting track time on THAT tire because it's nothing like the Hoosier. Now is not the time to let a good tire mask bad habits. You haven't even begun to shed weight. Why is the e-brake handle there? What about the dash? All you have done so far is pull plastics and carpet. All that metal needs to go. All that glue crap needs to go. Do you want to look cool or win races? Driving around on the street with a gutted car thatwill maybe run a 12 in the quarter makes you look like a tool. You need to decide if it's a street car or a race car.
First of all, I am in no rush to start racing in AI, because I am still getting experience by just getting track time/seat time. Why is that a crap seat? I am running on hoosiers because I am new to the whole racing scene. I don't have anyone to guide me, or to tell me what type of tires to buy. I understand that AI doesnt run Hoosiers. But as you probably know, tires don't last long, so they can be easily replaced.

And yes, I am beginning to shed weight. Just in the past few days I have taken off around 200 lbs. Just give me some time and I'll take off more weight. I really don't know why you are being so dramatic about it, because it is something that I have just started. You know, a work in progress. Where else would the e-brake handle be??

It is in the process of being transformed into a track car. I honestly don't know why you are freaking out about it.

Quick Reply: Pics of what I did the past few days and a few little gifts for the mustang!