Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More pics of the 2 week old GT on the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: More pics of the 2 week old GT on the track

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I might be stupid...in fact i know i am but that is not the point .....the car is 2 weeks old and you are taking it to the track already??
a road course track day is only hard on the tires. you drive it as hard or easy as you like.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

LOL thats what I was thinking... I could never put my baby through that!!! 2 weeks or 2 years, it don't matter! No track for me. Some joyriding when I'm alone and away from traffic, but thats the only abuse she gets.
Its a 25k car.....have some fun with it.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 PM
BimmerTang
1st Gear Member

RollTide87...WAR EAGLE to ya !

The BMW club allows anyone that pays the fee to come out and enjoy. We had Porsches, Vettes, 3 Mustangs, BMWs.
As long as you get your car tech inspected before the weekend and fill out the proper forms and waivers there is no problem.
Barber is the best...better then any amusement park ride you can imagine. The elevation changes, the technical nature of the track and the scenery can't be beat.

Jon
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

LOL thats what I was thinking... I could never put my baby through that!!! 2 weeks or 2 years, it don't matter! No track for me. Some joyriding when I'm alone and away from traffic, but thats the only abuse she gets.
I have never seen 25K bucks in the ground nor seen trees growing money, 25K or 100K its money invested and IMO should be taken care of, in certain way atleast
Old 05-31-2007, 06:55 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MexGT

ORIGINAL: Arwing

I have never seen 25K bucks in the ground nor seen trees growing money, 25K or 100K its money invested and IMO should be taken care of, in certain way atleast
I'm not talking about going off roading with it, or beating the **** out of it.

I just hate to see a perfectly good mustang sit in a garage all day, when people should be on the open roads slamming gears with it, letting the V8 roar. or having fun with it, on a friday night at the track.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 PM
06steeda
2nd Gear Member

Glad to see your driving your car the way it was ment to be.
Plus it's ALOT safer on a closed course, than street racing!
I was down at Sebring last month, and it is addictive. Nice going!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
BimmerTang
1st Gear Member

EXACTLY!
Street racing=[sm=badidea.gif]

Track days=[sm=wootwoot.gif]

I don't abuse my cars, in fact my sons BMW is an '01 with 98,000 miles and it's always being mistaken for a 1-2 year old car. That car has been going to the track for the last 4+ years.
Use it...don't abuse it !

Jon
Old 05-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: MexGT

Dude cars are made to...yeah get this crazy idea...... be DRIVEN!! Because this guy is driving on a track doesnt mean that he's beating it to death..... he's using it for its proper intention to be driven and have fun...... Bimmer you enjoy and I'm jealous.... I'm getting to the drag strip monday!! cant wait to see if I can get an 11 second pass!!!
any chance they'll let me run top down? LOL

Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

i know what you mean, i drive my car like if i stole it very very often and i enjoy every second of it I was just making a coment on the 25k thing cuz it's not like bah its just 25k bucks, w/e... i'll do what i want with the car.
I got this car to enjoy it and that's what i've been doin since day 1 !
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

if you guys/gals haven't autocrossed, you gotta at least try it!!! it's super cheap to play [$30 or so] and is the most fun i've had driving a car in my life! i thought it would just be like driving a parking lot, but it really takes skill to go fast/slow/turn at just the right times and feels much faster than what you'd imagine. events all over the country every weekend, and my experience has been people are always willing to teach a noobie how things are done. granted my 200 treadwear ebay dunlops are severely chunked, but i bought them to race and dammit that's what i intend to do! hyperfest will be my first track day in june at summit point. CANT' WAIT!!!

Quick Reply: More pics of the 2 week old GT on the track