Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More pics of the 2 week old GT on the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 07:36 PM
RollTide87
1st Gear Member

Default RE: More pics of the 2 week old GT on the track

ORIGINAL: BimmerTang

RollTide87...WAR EAGLE to ya !

The BMW club allows anyone that pays the fee to come out and enjoy. We had Porsches, Vettes, 3 Mustangs, BMWs.
As long as you get your car tech inspected before the weekend and fill out the proper forms and waivers there is no problem.
Barber is the best...better then any amusement park ride you can imagine. The elevation changes, the technical nature of the track and the scenery can't be beat.

Jon
As my name says ROLLLLLL TIDE.

Are the BMWs running at Barber again anytime soon or up at TGPR? I have been out to Barber a number of times. Worked corners for a race weekend (Stock Car Championship Series, I think.... Fiberglass bodies on a tube frame chassis like a NASCAR - pretty cool). I have also gone to a Porsche event, SCCA, and the big road racing. I was able to take some touring laps during the lunch break at the Porsche event... Fairly low speed but I was following a slant-nose 911 Turbo and he was showing a passenger the racing line so I was able to watch closely. I would love to try a track day in the Mustang.

PS... should be an interesting football season coming up.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:25 PM
whocarez03

Moe, When are you going to NHIS?? And what is needed to run there?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:57 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

if you guys/gals haven't autocrossed, you gotta at least try it!!! it's super cheap to play [$30 or so] and is the most fun i've had driving a car in my life! i thought it would just be like driving a parking lot, but it really takes skill to go fast/slow/turn at just the right times and feels much faster than what you'd imagine. events all over the country every weekend, and my experience has been people are always willing to teach a noobie how things are done. granted my 200 treadwear ebay dunlops are severely chunked, but i bought them to race and dammit that's what i intend to do! hyperfest will be my first track day in june at summit point. CANT' WAIT!!!

You will love Summit Point - that used tobe my home track.

BimmerTang - how do you find the Mustang to be on the track as compared to BMW's you have driven on track? At some point in time I want to get mine on track.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

Can't tell you how well she ran....check out these pics of her in all her glory !
Sorry they're so small but you get the jest of it...I'm so proud of her

Jon

[IMG]local://upfiles/69471/91004D2749114F4FA2124271E0337116.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69471/DE1B35B10005463D8189D5AB0A980808.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69471/2C56360C086D4A7F92639BBE273FCD5D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/69471/DE36169F32ED4748964D02449167922B.jpg[/IMG]
So what modifications do you have to perform to get the car to pass tech? Rollcage, fuel shutoff? Or do they allow a stock vehicle on the track?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

ORIGINAL: MexGT

ORIGINAL: Arwing

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

LOL thats what I was thinking... I could never put my baby through that!!! 2 weeks or 2 years, it don't matter! No track for me. Some joyriding when I'm alone and away from traffic, but thats the only abuse she gets.
Its a 25k car.....have some fun with it.
I have never seen 25K bucks in the ground nor seen trees growing money, 25K or 100K its money invested and IMO should be taken care of, in certain way atleast
I'm not talking about going off roading with it, or beating the **** out of it.

I just hate to see a perfectly good mustang sit in a garage all day, when people should be on the open roads slamming gears with it, letting the V8 roar. or having fun with it, on a friday night at the track.
you mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh9smVzygco
Old 05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I can't say much...My car was dyno'd the day I brought her home ..
Cars are like pu$$y
if you dont beat em up somebody will
Old 05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+

EXACTLY!
Street racing=[sm=badidea.gif]

Track days=[sm=wootwoot.gif]

I don't abuse my cars, in fact my sons BMW is an '01 with 98,000 miles and it's always being mistaken for a 1-2 year old car. That car has been going to the track for the last 4+ years.
Use it...don't abuse it !

Jon
Old 06-01-2007, 12:41 AM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whocarez03

Moe, When are you going to NHIS?? And what is needed to run there?
I think it is july 9th. the only thing you will need is a helmet and remove spare tire and jack and anything lose in the car. thats it. you can get more info here at www.scda1.com
I have been out with this club eight times and the people are very professional. you get four sessions about twenty minutes each. they also have classesafter each run. as a novice they provide you with an instructor to teach you about your car and the proper line to run around the track. we run the road course not the oval. they run rain or shine. the first time i wentitwas raining and still had a great time. just download the form send in your money and be prepaired to have a lotof fun and meet some great people. let me know if you are going.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Thanks Bimmer! This very cool to see. This is exactly what muscle cars are for. Anyone who doesn't like drivingthier own car on a track I can't understand. Anyone who doesn't like other people driving thier cars on the track, need to get a life. Geeze, you'd think they were paying for everyone else's cars the way theslam you for what you do in your own car. As far as I'm concerned, RACE! enjoy your car, it's yours, you paid for it. do what you like with it! Oh yea, and get some springs and shocks and sway bars and LCA's! Then take her back to the track and have some more fun!
Old 06-01-2007, 03:11 AM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

once the shelby gt arrives with the baer brake upgrade u KNOW thats what i will be doing, i cant wait!! looks fun man, lower that bad boy and keep on rockin!!

Quick Reply: More pics of the 2 week old GT on the track