Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark plugs for GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 10:28 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Spark plugs for GT

DONT GO TO D'AGOSTINO, those guys suck! i mean plugs are plugs, but i dont support them, they'll break your car.

Zex has great prices on plugs, u need HT0's for FI otherwise they will continue to blow.

u need cold plugs cuz FI makes more heat, check this out: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system2.htm

that's how it works!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

What about an after market ignition system that puts out more spark? Would that help and maybe allow you to run a little more gap on the plugs? Also, I've been running Denso Iridium plugs on my Marauder with good results. Do they make them for our 3V 4.6s?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:39 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

DONT GO TO D'AGOSTINO, those guys suck! i mean plugs are plugs, but i dont support them, they'll break your car.

Zex has great prices on plugs, u need HT0's for FI otherwise they will continue to blow.

u need cold plugs cuz FI makes more heat, check this out: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ignition-system2.htm

that's how it works!
I haven't had anything but good business with dagostino all this time. Care to add more to your post?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:53 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

They've blown people's engines with their "custom tuning" work, and their installs of parts, and whatnot. The friendly people at Lethal Performance told me he used to work with them, then, without getting into details about exactly why (though they appeared bitter), they said he left and went on his own, copying their website. I also heard that he uses Sean Highland's of Sean Highland Motorsports (one of the best engine builders ever!!!) name around there to up his credibility, but Mr. Highland will tell you that if you bring your car to them, and let them touch it, he will never talk to you again. At least that's what he told a buddy of mine who built a car using an SHM motor.

D'Agostino is also way over priced. They offered my group a discount, even with it I can still get everything I want brand new elsewhere for less.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

dunno they sold me the dual friction clutch for 240$, the bmr adjustables for 239 painted red, the ccmv plates at 90. Hell I even ordered a wrong part and they gladly reimbursed my money even the shipping.

Andrew
Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

lmfao at that image inthe link in your sig, thats too funny!

anyway, im glad u have good experience w/ them, i wouldnt let them touch my car with a 10 foot pole. call lethal performance and ask them about d'agostino, or call sean highland and ask. maybe they can fill you in a bit more. both those companies are highly reputable. SHM builds some of the best motors for our stangs, and lethal performance is one of the largest distributors of perf mods, largest in this region for sure.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:48 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

by the by, this thread was about plugs.i reccomend you all check out zex's website. unless something has changed in the last week or so, they have the best prices on plugs.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Well here's my opinions on some of the outlandish things said in this thread...

#1 - Derrik at D'Agostino Racing is a stand up guy and a great shop. I hate it when someone 'heard' something (especially from a competitor) and then wan't to bash on the shop without any first hand knowledge. Unless you have had a PERSONAL experience with a vendor, you shouldn't have squat to say about them IMO.

I know Jared at Lethal and I would be shocked if he would say anything bad about ANY vendor out there. He is a stand up guy as well and I don't see him saying something like that no way no how. Have him post here himself if it is true and I bet it won't happen.

2nd - SHM the BEST around...lol - Please tell me how many engines you have bought and used from them? SHM pedals junk. My opinion comes from using their products, rebuilding a shortblock for a friend they f'ed up, and dealing with them for several years. Boss 330, Fox Lake, VT Engines, Livernois, and ST Motorsports (just to name a couple) all run circles around them when it comes to putting a motor togther. Name 1 of the top 10 S197 cars in the country using a SHM motor...ooops - you can't...lol Just remember there is a BIG difference between and engine BUILDER and an engine ASSEMBLER.

3rd - here's the info on plugs.... HTO with FI gapped to about .030 to 12-13 psi. 14-15 psi - gap around .028 and around .024 for 16+ psi. The larger the gap, the easier to blow spark - common sense. The GMS coil packs will up your spark about 400% and allow you to keep a solid gap of about .030 up to the 18 psi range but they seem to be hit and miss. Half the people with them had issues and took them off and the other half had great success with them. Very odd really and I honestly don't know if it's on the tuning or GMS end but it seems to be a 50/50 curve. I am actually going to try a set cause I blow spark at 6K over 17 psi even with a SAB.

If you are running N/A - just keep your stockers (HT1's) and be happy - there's nothing better for ya.

Dyno Joe sells a set of HTO's for $84.00 shipped which is a fair price for comparison.

http://dynojoe.com/catalog/product_i...db5ba4847645b2
Old 06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

I bought a part at dagostino and the service was good. Derek was even helpful.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:52 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

relax buddy, and go ahead and ask jared what he thinks of d'agostino if u dont believe me. but ur right, he wouldnt come on here and say anything, that wouldnt be professional. also, i've met people who have had d'agostino build them sh*t that's blown up on the track, soooooo ya.

fanboy check zex either for HT0's, maybe u'll save a couple bucks. $57 for a set of 8, good for up to 700 or 800 hundred HP, i forget.

http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ode=SPARKPLUGS

Quick Reply: Spark plugs for GT