Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

on car balacing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
pt1614

Default on car balacing?

Does anybody know of a shop that can perform on car balancing ( where they balance your tires while still on the car) in los angeles or san fernando valley. the shop i go to in pasadena will be down for a couple of weeks. thanks in advance
Old 06-01-2007, 08:01 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: on car balacing?

i dont think thas even possible.. if so.. it would costs lots o money.. and why the hell would u do that anyways?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

Theres a place about 2 miles from my house that does it. I think that is the best kind of balancing, not only does it balance the rim and tire but it balances everything that rotates to ensure a good balance. I had it done once on a previous car and the car rode smooth as glass afterwards. Whenever I'm in need for balancing again thats what I'm gonna do.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:11 PM
edified
1st Gear Member

So where exactly is the place you are telling us??
Old 06-02-2007, 02:31 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

south florida
Old 06-02-2007, 05:48 PM
dodgers
1st Gear Member

It is the best way to balance front wheels because all the rotating mass is balanced as a single unit. Just like balancing a crankshaft and flywheel as a unit. Cost is not bad. But if you rotate your tires on a regular interval, it can get pricey as you will have to do it again once the rear wheels are switched to the front.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a waste of money to me. Ive never had an issue balancing my tires. 140+ smooth as glass.
Alot has to do with the operator of the machine. I like to balance mine to the 100th of an oz. tho. Having a machine to do it helps
Using a machine that does road force balancing and match mount balancing, and a pin plate to mount it on the machine helps alot also.
Most balancers use a cone thru the center hub. Well the wheel is held on by the studs/nuts to the car, why not balance it the same way it mounts to the car.
My .02 and experience.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:46 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

GTStang can back me up since he works at Discount Tire, but they have a new machine that will basically do that I believe. I just had tires mounted last week there and they did whats known as computer ride matching....They simulate a load on the tire to properly mount and balance it. I could be wrong but that is what was explained to me.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:06 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

GTStang can back me up since he works at Discount Tire, but they have a new machine that will basically do that I believe. I just had tires mounted last week there and they did whats known as computer ride matching....They simulate a load on the tire to properly mount and balance it. I could be wrong but that is what was explained to me.
Yeah, sounds like it, AKA road force balancing.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:21 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

The quality of the balance machine and the operator has everthing to do with getting good results, find a shop that specializes insuspension work, preferably a shop that works on race cars.Don't just take itto a cheapo tire shop. Basically, You always get what you pay for. Make sure thier machine is a "Road Force Balancer"

Quick Reply: on car balacing?