Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY CUT OUTS ARE IN!!!... (installing electrical right now) VIDS/PICS TONIGHT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default MY CUT OUTS ARE IN!!!... (installing electrical right now) VIDS/PICS TONIGHT!!!

HEY GUYS.

I got my cutouts installed today, and am doing the electrical wiring right now..

FIRST OFF-
THE SOUND!!!.. OMG ITS REDICULOUS.. i love it.. it sounds just like the old muscle car, type of pitch... reallydeep tone, but loud, and gurgly.. almost sounds like i got a cam..but then when i start to go from a stop.. (i have a stick) when i feather it.. it sounds like a beauty.. i am sooo happy.. (incase u cant tell allready).. and then when i open it up, WOT its the best sound you can imagine..

as far as the POWER..
At low end.. i cant feel an type of gain at all... if anything i might have lost a little bit.. but my car is running lean and not on the right tune.. but if youi coast at about 3k rpms in 1st or 2nd.. and then punch it, it reallllly freakin goes.. like never before.. really good towards the top end of the gears!..

i will get some videos and pics of the install and how it sounds and what not..

untill then
-GTstang
Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MY CUT OUTS ARE IN!!!... (installing electrical right now) VIDS/PICS TONIGHT!!!

I'm glad your happy with the outcome. I'll have to check it out before our run to Daytona on the 10th
Old 06-03-2007, 01:27 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MY CUT OUTS ARE IN!!!... (installing electrical right now) VIDS/PICS TONIGHT!!!

So does that mean i can count on you on to meet us all up at stake and shake in altimonte right next to the mall?

let me know, bc i am gettin a list together..

-GTstang
Old 06-03-2007, 04:55 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Congrats !!....where are they vid and pics! Post em up for all to see thanks J
Old 06-03-2007, 05:08 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Does this mean your going to have to retune your car whenever you open them up? I was looking at getting some from DMH performance, butdidn't want to have to retune the car everytime I wanted to open them.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

why would you have to retune it?.. im sure if i was really trying to get performance out of it i could.. but the custom tune to fix my "running lean" problem.. doesnt really have anything to do with the cutouts.. but i am gunna have Justin at VMPtuning see if he can do it whitt hem open and closed.. and then i can see what gains or losses i have from the cutouts in numbers..

but like i said before.. top end of the gears is like a entirely new car... the torque is retarded

pics and videos up tonight.. i didnt have time last night..
Old 06-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Justabear
2nd Gear Member

AWESOME!

PITA Scale?, 1 no PITA to 10 took a team of mechanics.

How much fabrication?
Old 06-03-2007, 02:10 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I had the Quicktime cutouts on my 02 and they worked great.The butterfly plate didn't seal all the way at first but after a week it was good. And opening them at idle and hearing the thunder come was great. That is until a tire flew under the car a broke one of the motors. But enjoy.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:03 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i didnt not install.. i wanted them done right, and good.. so i had them installed.. 60 each.. 310 for motors/valves... and came to a total of like 430 or something i think

Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

Do you still have the stock cats on?

Quick Reply: MY CUT OUTS ARE IN!!!... (installing electrical right now) VIDS/PICS TONIGHT!!!