Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO who is next to you

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Eleanor06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SO who is next to you

Yep thats B.S.I had a white 96? GT try to race me about a year ago,funny thing is that I live behind the PO PO station and that stang was repo'ed or confiscated and I knew it was a cop.Pretty lame.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Its so funny listening to you guys talk about entrapment.hahahaha.

We use these "sports" cars to make people think twice about racing, its only entrapment if they tell you to race them, not pull up to you and rev the engine.

And its working too, I bet half the people that got burned will not be racing mustangs anytime soon.

Btw, someone said a cop can't be behind a sign or bush waiting for "speeders" that's totally wrong.

Here's an idea, save racing for the track!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Lights and siren from an unmarked was weaving through traffic in MA and it was a Chevy Impala. Don't know if it was police or Feds.

In his first post college job, my brother commuted +hr. to Boston. He bought a navy Murcury Grand Marquis and bolted on a black pushbar. Added a blue snow globe to the dash with velcro. Said it was like parting the red sea.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, and the Police Department can't just repo someones car and then use it, the PD doesn't even do repos, if the car is used in a crime or taken away the car is auctioned off, if the PD wants it they buy it at the auction.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

No surprise to me. My brother and cousin were going out to eat one night. We were on 440 Beltline and noticed this white chevy blazer with 20's and dark tint. All of a sudden it had a car pulled over didn't even realize it was a cop. I just heard they have old chevy cavaliers and dodge minivans that patrol as well.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

a lot of crybabies on this thread...

that's not fair! that's entrapment! waa waa waa...

in short, merely affording someone the opportunity to break the law is NOT entrapment. if you want to argue with me about this i can support my argument with supreme court case law and commentary if you wish...

i had 6 tickets by the time i was 20 and i NEVER blamed the police for doing their job. one of those tickets was a trooper in a camaro and i was driving like a crazy man with two young friends as helpless passengers. i'm older and wiser now and glad he stopped me and wrote a ticket! i got mad i was caught but i paid my fine. get over it, you take your chances...

let me spotlight the especially ignorantcomments from suoperdave84. not sure how you live with yourself, replace your hatred for cops with jews and that makes you a ****, replace cops with african americans and your a racist pig and the mods would probably ban you. how long would you last on here if you stated you hated all military personnel? but somehow you can justify hating an entire group of people and get away with it. and i really believe that you have an actual hate in you. you are pretty unapologetic about it.

you can't reason w/hate, i just have to feel sad for you.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

not all cops are bad. however, i find most of them our on a power trip. ****. i cant beleive they can pull up next to you in a sports car and rev tryin to get you to race, they are trying to make you do something illegal so they can make some ****ing money. pigs.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

I find it funny that people here bitch about being taunted to race and then get busted when they know they are breaking the law. Sure I'd be pissed. Pissed about being suckered into doing something illegal by a PO. It would serve me right to get the ticket...
Old 06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Lots of opinions stated here and I happen to fall in between most of them. I don't HATE cops as they have a pretty tough job and they are very much needed. However, there are a percentage of them that have this power trip thing going on, and that is bad. Gives the good ones a bad rep too! Most of the jerky onesare young, dumb, and full of come and have a great need to exercise their power that is granted to them by the public. Kind of like a pack of dogs...they feed off each others testosterone. Those are the ones that need to be reigned in.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:04 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timothyrw

a lot of crybabies on this thread...

that's not fair! that's entrapment! waa waa waa...

in short, merely affording someone the opportunity to break the law is NOT entrapment. if you want to argue with me about this i can support my argument with supreme court case law and commentary if you wish...

i had 6 tickets by the time i was 20 and i NEVER blamed the police for doing their job. one of those tickets was a trooper in a camaro and i was driving like a crazy man with two young friends as helpless passengers. i'm older and wiser now and glad he stopped me and wrote a ticket! i got mad i was caught but i paid my fine. get over it, you take your chances...

let me spotlight the especially ignorantcomments from suoperdave84. not sure how you live with yourself, replace your hatred for cops with jews and that makes you a ****, replace cops with african americans and your a racist pig and the mods would probably ban you. how long would you last on here if you stated you hated all military personnel? but somehow you can justify hating an entire group of people and get away with it. and i really believe that you have an actual hate in you. you are pretty unapologetic about it.

you can't reason w/hate, i just have to feel sad for you.
How DARE you compare me to a **** for stating LEGITIMATE problems I have had with cops. You are a pathetic human being. Blindly accepting groups of people (like police) is NOT required by American law. I can feel any way about them I wish.

As soon as a cop proves that he is a decent person, I'll post it. Until then, accept the fact that people hate them......you ARE all about acceptance....right?