Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a little help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 AM
retropony06
2nd Gear Member

Default need a little help

I went out of town for a week and thought I left my car in a pretty secure spot. It turns out my condo development decided to run some sprinklers that hadn't been run in a while. Long story short, rusty water stains on one side of the car. I got it all off the paint but I'm not sure what to use on the plastic pieces (side mirrors and side skirts) thanks for any help
Old 06-07-2007, 01:15 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: need a little help

Try using a clay detail bar with the proper product in the kit and then wax it. I think you are referring to small fall out spots as opposed to rust under the paint.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: need a little help

ORIGINAL: retropony06

I went out of town for a week and thought I left my car in a pretty secure spot. It turns out my condo development decided to run some sprinklers that hadn't been run in a while. Long story short, rusty water stains on one side of the car. I got it all off the paint but I'm not sure what to use on the plastic pieces (side mirrors and side skirts) thanks for any help
I know that the side mirrors are unpainted plastic, but are the side skirts on the V-6 unpainted black molded plastic too? If so, I'd try distilled water with a little rubbing alcohol, or white vinegar, and see if that helps with the plastic stains, then I'd use some Mother's Back to Black, or whatever product that others here use to revitalize black trim(can't remember any other names right now[&o]). Best of luck.....