Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any tips for Kenne Bell twin screw install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Any tips for Kenne Bell twin screw install?

I was thinking about that spare belt in my trunk and realized that rerouting a belt after throwing one would be a nightmare without the diagram...so I'm going to make a copy of the belt routing diagram from the install manual and throw it in the trunk as well.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:10 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

great point! i had thought about the 1/2" breaker bar, but
not the diagram

ORIGINAL: BigDave

I was thinking about that spare belt in my trunk and realized that rerouting a belt after throwing one would be a nightmare without the diagram...so I'm going to make a copy of the belt routing diagram from the install manual and throw it in the trunk as well.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:32 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Good idea, about the diagram! I thought the factory tool kit could change a belt, is that wrong?
Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 PM
walkerwde

O.K. here you go I just installed one of these on my car about a month ago. The fist thing I would do is read those directions 2-3 times before even thinking of installing it. I would also re-arrange the instructions just a little bit, I would install the boost-a-pump first it's a big drag to be completley done installing the s/c only to spend another hour installing that damn boost-a-pump.

The heater hoses are a big pain in the *** which I'm sure you will find out. Please, please, please take your time with them though if you break one you will be tearing your whole dash apart inside your car to fix them. The bolt from hell I found to be quit easy and I truly believe anyone with an mechanical knowledge and the right tools would agree. I also found that all the wiring is very tedious and I still can't believe that they couldn't have just made wire extensions rather then have us un-ravel all that wire and re-lume it.

One last thing the instructions are terrible on where to hook up the vacum hoses, in fact they don't even tell you where to hook up one of the hoses. I drove around with one of these hoses not hooked up for two weeks because of it. The only reason I found it is my car was running like crap whenever it got cold so I decided I better go through every part of the install again, and that's when I found the vacum hose just laying there under some other hoses. The moral of the story don't get in a hurry and call them for clarification on any instructions you don't fully understand they are very helpful.

*****Plan on spending 2-3 full days on this, I'm not kidding. I had a friend that has turned a lot of wrenches in his day and we spent 2, 12-14 hour days on it. Good Luck and have fun. Welcome to the s/c club.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Wise choice on the S/C. I can't advise you on the install as I had it done. I just know it is not a walk in the park. Enjoy, it's a kick in the pants!
Old 06-13-2007, 03:20 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Thanks, walkerwde and sherwood06gt, I really appreciate the feedback. Hey sherwood, just curious on the boost you are running, they are sending me a 10 Psi kit cause I live in Colorado at about 6500'. Good thing I already have the boost a pump, I needed it for my nitrous, so it's already done.