Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saleen s/c

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default saleen s/c

hey guys, im planing on getting a saleen s/c and im just wondering what kind of money im about to drop for it and the install. also if anyone has had on their daily driver how is it in rain and light snow? should i get a winter truck or suv?
thanks-
b
Old 06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default RE: saleen s/c

anyone?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:45 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

first off I would get wider tires and CA's. The car was almost undriveable after I did the extreme 475HP kit and I live in the desert. in the rain I was having to feather the clutch as I would spin 1st and second, no traction at all with the stock 235 BFG's. Are you doing the install or paying someone?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

well first, congrats.....i love the saleen VI and with the
550bhp kit coming out, it's almost a no brainer right now.....
-
second, $. well the kit is gonna cost ~ $5700 - $6200....
if a shop installs, labor = perhaps $800 - $1200
if you install personally, ~ $200 - $300 in tools (unless you have a good collection).
-
lastly, i would not drive it in the snow, period. end of discussion. lol

good luck and we'll keep a table reserved at the boost lounge for ya.

ORIGINAL: brendend

hey guys, im planing on getting a saleen s/c and im just wondering what kind of money im about to drop for it and the install. also if anyone has had on their daily driver how is it in rain and light snow? should i get a winter truck or suv?
thanks-
b
Old 06-12-2007, 09:55 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Love it....mine with install ran me $6000, that included 3.6 pulley and belt upgrade, gauges, gauge pillar, frrp cold plugs, 39lb injectors, saleen extreem intake boot, lightning 90mm maf...custom tune by vmp, ....my install was $800 from real speed racing in clearwater...it is a great s/c and to me a fun thing to have....I try not to drive mine in the rain...it does not like wet roads...but the good thing about a saleen or any twin screw is you could feather the gas and it will stay out of boost....which helps with traction on wet roads...as far as snow...one word..NO.....dont even attempt it....for more reasons besides the saleen ... by the way....welcome to motel Saleen VI.... we'll leave the light on for ya,,,,
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

thanks-
b
First, buy the SC and have a blast, second, park it in the winter, trust me, the car will be worthless in anything over a flurry.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:05 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Love it....mine with install ran me $6000, that included 3.6 pulley and belt upgrade, gauges, gauge pillar, frrp cold plugs, 39lb injectors, saleen extreem intake boot, lightning 90mm maf...custom tune by vmp, ....my install was $800 from real speed racing in clearwater...it is a great s/c and to me a fun thing to have....I try not to drive mine in the rain...it does not like wet roads...but the good thing about a saleen or any twin screw is you could feather the gas and it will stay out of boost....which helps with traction on wet roads...as far as snow...one word..NO.....dont even attempt it....for more reasons besides the saleen ... by the way....welcome to motel Saleen VI.... we'll leave the light on for ya,,,,
Did your installer put in a fuel pump for you. I was running way lean on a conservative tune. The first thing i did was upgraded to the GT500 dual pumps to be safe. $800 extra for that.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9639

Old 06-12-2007, 10:08 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Did your installer put in a fuel pump for you. I was running way lean on a conservative tune. The first thing i did was upgraded to the GT500 dual pumps to be safe. $800 extra for that.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9639

no....I have no issues whatsoever with the 3.6 pulley....11.5 avg..max out at 11.8..if I change to a smaller pulley, I will change pump...still not sure I am going to do that....at this point...not worth it to me for 30 more RWHP......if I had to do it all over again...would have bought new fuel pump as well....
Old 06-12-2007, 10:12 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

oh I didn't see that you had a 3.6 pulley. that's why you are still good. I was in the low 12's with the tune and 3.4. Now that I have the pump I am going crazy and added headers, and am looking at going to a 3.0 now that I have margins.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:40 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Well, thanks to Undergroung Mustang, and various other net sources, I have the S/C, S&B filter, 90mm MAF, Saleen Extreme inlet tube, HTO plugs, 39lb injectors, 3.6" pulley, belt, andvac line upgrade kit for less than $5,000and I did the install myself.

Quick Reply: saleen s/c