Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Results (updated link)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 05:29 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Results

I was standing there when he got dynoed, I also got a custom tune right after and couldn't be happier with Pro-Dyno. They are legit and so are the numbers Doc posted. Don't hate!!!!

Oh, by the way. Every carvariesHP wise from the factory. His enginemight be that strong to start. I am just curious where you get those numbers for the difference in dyno-jet and mustang dyno. I know the mustang will always be lower but you should check that. I am thinking 2-5%, closer to 2% I think.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Doc Holiday
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: matto1975

I was standing there when he got dynoed, I also got a custom tune right after and couldn't be happier with Pro-Dyno. They are legit and so are the numbers Doc posted. Don't hate!!!!

Oh, by the way. Every carvariesHP wise from the factory. His enginemight be that strong to start. I am just curious where you get those numbers for the difference in dyno-jet and mustang dyno. I know the mustang will always be lower but you should check that. I am thinking 2-5%, closer to 2% I think.
Hey, thanks for chiming in Matt (small world, eh?)

I see by your signature that you have over 400 @ the wheels now. Sweet! Just keep it down on the ground.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
RomanPacific
1st Gear Member

Doc, where are these guys located? I might have to swing by there and make a few runs soon. I've been looking for a good speed shop in Charlotte to take my car to when I start getting some big mods.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

right off of exit 90 on I-77. They are actually just South of Charlotte located in Fort Mill SC
Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: matto1975

I agree that the numbers are great...more than I would expect but still believeable.

263-268 stock
25 from CAI/tune,
10 from UDP
maybe a few from the RP
1-2 for the LM maybe (mufflers dont add any in all reality)
the dyno can have a few hp error in it

I would assume 300 with CAI/tune and UDPs from most cars. All on a dynojet.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Doc Holiday

Ummm... OK.

I can understand that you're probably a little bent up about only getting around 390 with your setup.

Danis legit. He is a level 4 SCT tuner (try to find out how many level 4's are in the country). Anyway, the mods I have can easily get what I got. The JLTII has been dyno'd with a good tune around 30whp and the UDP's make around 8-10 according to Brent @ Brenspeed. The axlebacks free'd up a couple and I also run RP full synthetics all around. Don't be a h8r! Just get a real tune for your turbo, K ?

BTW: I like the way you Guestimated the DynoJet numbers from your Mustang Dyno pull .... That should give you and your opinion alot of weight here!

All right buddy. was trying to be a dick just telling you what I thought. I'm not going to bother arguing about numbers from a dyno.

But just to let you know I did not Guestimate as you said. I had my car dynoed at 2 different dyno shops.

But I dont argue with people misinformed and you sir are misinformed
Have a great day!!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

So I am wondering since I know nothing. Which again you are misinformed. Assuming you have 300rwhp with a CAI and UDP, is that with a Custom Dyno Tune? or a Canned tune from brent? How many people on here have a 300rwhp with a CAI and UDP.
I finally decided that I will never comment on a Dyno posting again, no point, everyone reads different at different times, and I have always said the track is the best dyno.
So sorry if I was rude when I disagreed. but I did not disagree because of lack of knowledge. AS for my set up there is nothing wrong with it. Extra conservative at 9psi dynoed at 390+rwhp or 430+rwhp depending on what dyno you like.
See the reason I went with 2 dyno's was to show how they differ. So again sorry if I got under your skin.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

The Thing about Dynos that people don't realize is that it is just a tool, used for tuning and base lining.
I Base lined my stang in 2005 and it was 258hp 269tq then I installed a K&N Aircharger and we did a second pull
270.5hp 279.9tq (I lost the origional baseline) my car is an Automatic.
http://home.comcast.net/~2k05gt/images/dynorunc.jpg

Now I got aJLT II CAI, UDP, MAC Exhaust and FRPP 4.10 Gears.
in 2006 I got a dyno withmy latest mods (291hp and 302tq),
then I did a dyno day last month and it showed (301hp 318tq)only difference is I now have Royal Purple oils
throughout. I plan on going back to the first dyno shop that gave me the 258, 270 and 291 numbers.

Each dyno will give you different numbers so I tend not to post them since they are so eratic, Most say the 291 is more inline
with my mods and auto tranny. My Track numbers are
Bests are 13.32@ 103(1/4 mile) 8.40@ 82(1/8mile)

I like the Track Meter better because you can have 06 Z06 but poorly driven a corolla can beat it. LOL
so WTF is all that HP good for???

Dynos are like the weather, wait a minuteit will change :-)
Old 06-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Doc Holiday
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

So I am wondering since I know nothing. Which again you are misinformed. Assuming you have 300rwhp with a CAI and UDP, is that with a Custom Dyno Tune? or a Canned tune from brent? How many people on here have a 300rwhp with a CAI and UDP.
Ok.. here's the deal. Dynos ARE in fact accurate. If they were not, there would be absolutely NO reason to do a "baseline" pull at all, otherwise, it would be a worthless hunk of scrap the next time you went in with your new mods to see what they're worth. That's the whole point of a "baseline".

Next, the numbers2k05gt got are exactly inline with the numbers I'm getting with some of those same mods. His K&N was worth 12whp which is probably is without a tune. The JLTII has been proven (with baseline and install the same day on the dyno) to add 30+whp.

His UDP, MAC Exhaust and FRPP 4.10 Gears are definately worth another 11whp (total of 291?).
Then he said he got 301 after adding all RP synthetics throughout. That has also showed 10+whp on most cars over baseline. Add the fact he's an automatic, and I really don't care to discuss this much further. Please don't post in my thread if all you plan on doing here is being pessimistic. Thnx.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:07 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

hey guys, i have a quick question....how can changing your oil to RP full synthetic give you 10 whp?

Quick Reply: Dyno Results (updated link)