Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kinda pissed @ RPMoutlet

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:03 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default kinda pissed @ RPMoutlet

So, I ordered a set of RS axlebacks from RPM and they came in today, low and behold I have a set of Pypes Violators. Although they are worth more than the ones I ordered, it's still not the type I ordered. I thought the RS's were basically a knockoff Borla Stinger muffler. On a side note though, which do you think would sound better, the Stingers, or this set of Violators. I don't want to install them if they will swap them out, but I'd consider keeping them if they will sound as good or better.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:17 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: kinda pissed @ RPMoutlet

hmm...I just went out and took them out of the box to look at them...they are a straight through design, maybe I will keep them, the all stainless and polished tips IS looking appealing. But I'm still curious on the stingers VS violators question
Old 06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I think the stingers are deeper and sound a little better. The violators from the clips I have heard a not as deep and drone a little more than the stingers I have read but dont know for sure. I would say get them switched out cause if you put the voilators on then you dont like them you are kinda screwed.....by the way RPMOutlet problems are well documented on this and every other mustang board. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:42 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

That is my fear, that I won't like them. I was pissed off royally when I opened the box and saw oval mufflers. After reading one review though, I went out and actually looked at it. I became optomistic at the straight through design. I've already sent an email to RPM chewing them out, lets see what happens. The invoice states customers are responsible for return shipping. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay to ship something back due to no fault of my own. Worst case scenareo, I'll just keep them and sell them for what I have in them and get something different. I'm really half tempted to try them now though.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You can try them then if you dont like them put them on ebay....you might lose a little money but hell you could really like them too. If RPM wont pay for return shipping then that is the only real option you have.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:15 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I hated my Violators. Drone city. The car developed rattles it never had before.

Some people LOVE their violators, so maybe you should just clamp them on and see what its like.

I took the hit in $$$ and just ordered some more afterwards and I love them (SLP Loudmouths)

Spending more $$$ sucks but you're going to enjoy it for a long time
Old 06-14-2007, 08:17 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

The Violators you had, were they an oval or round body? Some reviews say they have a round body, but these are oval. Maybe the person doing the review was mistaken on the model. I'm positive the ones I have are violators, the box and paperwork and everything say they are.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:15 PM
GTJUNKIE
2nd Gear Member

I have a set of the polished violators and they are oval and polished. I for one look for the loud in your face sound so for me I find them mild. Take in mind I road around for a week with no muffs at all and loved it. I only put the violators back on cause when I hit bumps my pipes would hit the under side of the car and I didn't want to break anything. I'm going with a pypes OR H-pipe in the near future to try and get a little more sound. I can tell you at Idle they are mild with a low rumble but at WOT they talk pretty good.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 PM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

good luck with rpm, they screwed me bad about a year ago. They actually stopped responding to my emails and wouldn't take my calls. I will never give another cent to them...EVER!!! Look at their better business bureau rating...it sucks. They screwed many people over apparently.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:56 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

My violators are oval, and say pypes. And drone.

Quick Reply: kinda pissed @ RPMoutlet