Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why the hate towards my 06 gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 02:51 PM
BobGt

Default RE: Why the hate towards my 06 gt

Cheers to you

ORIGINAL: hogpowr

They don't have the keys in their pocket. They can't go out, start it up, and drive away in it any time they want to. They dohave a 98 Buick park ave. that their mother handed down to them.

They do have the ability to lash out,........not much else.

Feel pity for them, it you can.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I haven't been feeling any of the hate, but I guess I can understand it from what I know of people.

No, the S197 GT isn't a classic, maybe some day it will be. But you can't or wouldn't drive a classic every day and have it be reliable and comfortable. Hell, even in their day, I would bet that the classics weren't nearly as reliable as the new cars.

And it's also probably a bit of the"The older I get, the better I was" syndrome.

I think people have an impression that you overvalue the car, but I don't do that, I actually agree with them. Yeah, it's a Ford, and yeah, you could have one too if you wanted. Probably costs less than what you already drive.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:07 PM
BobGt

I hope you didnt trade in your auto cause of what people said. I have an auto with 3.73 and bren speed 93 tune. Alot cheaper then trading it in for a manual and alot of fun to.

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

I always get..."It's a Ford" or when I had the 06 auto..."Oh it's automatic?"........[:@][:@]
Old 06-16-2007, 03:15 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

When you got guys in Porsches Lambos and Ferrari's giving you thumbs up, who gives a **** what loser haters think.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

only a goofball who thinks some 60's muscle car a friend of his had could beat the new GT! As zzmustang said, only a modified vintage muscle car will beat a stock S197.
I never have had anyone who knows what their talking about say that kind of garbage to me, but I'd probably ask how was the CD player, power seats, power steering, power windows, mpg, cruise control and smoothness (if an auto) in that old car! Oh wait! It didn't have what we got!
Old 06-16-2007, 04:01 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

yeah who has stock muscle cars? (my dad doh!) even my 65 with a 289 is modded, I spank v6 stangs (the s197s) but get my *** kicked by the GTs. i still have 2.73 gears in the rear too[]
what do you run chicken, cause i remember in another thread you said you were running right around s197 v6's...
Old 06-16-2007, 04:09 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BobGt

I personally take pride in my car. It looks awesome as well as runs like a raped ape. Why is it whenever someone rides in my car they have to mention their old muscle car and how it will run circles around my stang. Do they ever look at quarter mile times of the STOCK old muscle cars or the 0-60 times as compred to the new STOCK stang? Lets face it, There is ugly hate out therefor the car. God forbid i bring the car in the shop for an oil change or something. All my fellow techs in the shop now consider a piece of crap cause it's in the shop with 12000miles on it. Do any of you experience this dishonor to your stang?
I hear ya, last night at a cruize night a guy in a '69 Chevelle SS 396 (A car I used to own as well)was telling his wife how his stock SS would walk all over my SC Mustang, so I interrupted him and said excuse me, your stock Chevelle is at best a mid 14 second car, this Mustang without the blower would own it, with the blower it would be a very bad **** whoopin. He laughed and asked what my cars runs, he said he runs 13.8 which would be more than enough to kill my car (WTF?!?!?) so I explained that my car bone stock was faster than that and if his 396 ran 13.8 he isn't stock so he owned up to cam, headers intake and carb work to which I told him how does it feel to know that a 3850lb Mustang bone stock with 281ci motor can walk all over his modded Chevelle. This guy was all attitude so I had no issue with giving what he dished out.

He told me there was no way in hell my car was that fast (faster than 13.8 is that fast?!?) so I showed him a stock slip and a blown slip, he was blown away, so I told him lets run it once, I'll spot you a few cars and a bust, he wanted nothing to do with it and walked away with his wife probably to start the same sh*t with the next guy. His wife looked like she was sick of it, some guys just never learn.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:02 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

yea my friend has a 2000 GT and he gets pissed off bc i beat him by about 6-8 car lengths easily, then he starts talkin crap about how hes going to get his dads fastback and kick my ***. They just rebuilt it i think it has 425 at the wheels, im curious to see how it will run in the 1/4 with that power.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:39 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

viking396
A 13 second car is fast, no matter what period in time your talking. Chevy made two Chevells that would run 13s in stock form back then and one that would run 12s.
396 -375 hp, 454 , I think it was 385 hp and a Yanko that was 450 hp 454.
396/350 or 396/325 hp versions would be lucky to get 14.50.
People talk a good race all the time, It's not limited to Chevy guys either. One thing I found in drag racing, no matter how fast your car is, there is ALWAYS someone Faster.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
BobGt

Your kinding? I've been in my buddies saleen sc mustang. That chevelle dude better go pound sand lol !

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: BobGt

I personally take pride in my car. It looks awesome as well as runs like a raped ape. Why is it whenever someone rides in my car they have to mention their old muscle car and how it will run circles around my stang. Do they ever look at quarter mile times of the STOCK old muscle cars or the 0-60 times as compred to the new STOCK stang? Lets face it, There is ugly hate out therefor the car. God forbid i bring the car in the shop for an oil change or something. All my fellow techs in the shop now consider a piece of crap cause it's in the shop with 12000miles on it. Do any of you experience this dishonor to your stang?
I hear ya, last night at a cruize night a guy in a '69 Chevelle SS 396 (A car I used to own as well)was telling his wife how his stock SS would walk all over my SC Mustang, so I interrupted him and said excuse me, your stock Chevelle is at best a mid 14 second car, this Mustang without the blower would own it, with the blower it would be a very bad **** whoopin. He laughed and asked what my cars runs, he said he runs 13.8 which would be more than enough to kill my car (WTF?!?!?) so I explained that my car bone stock was faster than that and if his 396 ran 13.8 he isn't stock so he owned up to cam, headers intake and carb work to which I told him how does it feel to know that a 3850lb Mustang bone stock with 281ci motor can walk all over his modded Chevelle. This guy was all attitude so I had no issue with giving what he dished out.

He told me there was no way in hell my car was that fast (faster than 13.8 is that fast?!?) so I showed him a stock slip and a blown slip, he was blown away, so I told him lets run it once, I'll spot you a few cars and a bust, he wanted nothing to do with it and walked away with his wife probably to start the same sh*t with the next guy. His wife looked like she was sick of it, some guys just never learn.

Quick Reply: Why the hate towards my 06 gt