Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's hope Ford can learn some more about designing new mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Let's hope Ford can learn some more about designing new mustangs

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

yup the giugaro mustang is the one special version that i will never ever ever forget. a step towards the future that will, unfortunately, be thrown out the window.

Enough of this retro god bless america stuff. Lets get some modern design and power going with some exotic prestige thrown in. Its time to seperate the mustang apart from the rest.
If you dont like it why did you buy it? The mustang always has been 100% american muscle and should never be thought of as anything else.Its not aboutthe past,it's about the tradition.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:12 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

My GT was made in 2004 and it's a 2005 model. That makes it a three year car this year. Besides it's insulting as hell to Shelby GT to have a design as that one. I have seen a couple spy photos of late and they all look like that one. I want some new ideas for the Bullitt, Mach 1 or Boss. The Fast back I seen the other day was pretty good.
Ok, three model years, not that it makes any difference, there is only so much you're going to do and stay tastefull, also you can't take a spy shot as the final version. Our car doesn't look like the first spy shots either. We'll see what Ford does soon enough but I do hope they turn up the wick a bit.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:17 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

yup the giugaro mustang is the one special version that i will never ever ever forget. a step towards the future that will, unfortunately, be thrown out the window.

Enough of this retro god bless america stuff. Lets get some modern design and power going with some exotic prestige thrown in. Its time to seperate the mustang apart from the rest.
Yeah, we're all sick of this retro crap, heck throw out the under 30k price tag too so we can introduce some exotic prestige, yeah Ford lets get to it we're sick of this cooler than sh*t car! Sheeesh yer kidding me right? You bought a retro car, I'm guessing that was Ford's fault? By a Sneezon or a Pathgrinder, or a Snailblazer and get rid of that retro car so somebody else can enjoy it.

Oh yeah, God Bless America! Those who don't can move to Iran.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:19 AM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

I don't think of the current Mustang as being retro at all. To me, its just proper, good design.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

I don't think of the current Mustang as being retro at all. To me, its just proper, good design.
Ford said 8 years ago when they went New Edge that it was the design of the future, so it stands to reason they would look to the past for the future. I think it was smart and agree 100%, it's just good design.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

Thank God that Giugaro Mustang will be thrown out the window. It made me want to puke.

I never figured the leader of the pack had to set itself apart. The Mustang sets the standard and continues do to so wether people want to admit it or not.
Why do you call the mustang the leader of the pack though? Its not. Its retro looking instead of keeping up with modern times, like the camaro will. Its also considerably slower than the new camaro. I doubt it will keep up with the challenger. On top of that the corvette is faster and even the SRT chargers and magnums are faster. (I know some people say they beat those in races, but its because of the driver. Check out Charger and Magnum forums, theyre FULL of mustang kills)

Ill give the 'stang credit in that it boldy breaks through the gates in the first place - but it doesnt take long before its out-done.

Its time to quit catering to the past - it is the past afterall. We need a modern looking fast and EFFICIENT car. No more 4.6L V8s that still get beat in races. We need a toned down engine, 3.6L is right, with twin-turbos and a much lighter body.

Come on, if you're so caught up on the past why aren't you riding a horse to work? Exactly. The past sucks. The future is now.
You just pegged out my dork detector, sell your stang, buy a turbocharged 350z coupe, and stay the hell off of the Mustang forums, they are for men.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:36 AM
sdsguy
3rd Gear Member

ok, let me say this first-- i LOVE camaro's. except the 70's...those i ignore.

now let's hop into the time machine and turn on the flux capacitor. in 1964 1/2, a sporty lil 2 door hit the market and was an instant hit. the msutang began the pony cars. in 1967 when chevy came up to the table with the camaro, shelby came in and made eleanor, one of the most coveted cars EVER! for 43 years, the mustang has been around...that means a lot considering how the camaro came in later and left 4 years ago.

i don't know much about the challenger, i've never been a dodge fan.

you guys keep thinking ford hasn't thought about the camaro and challenger coming into arena. the cars will cost a considerable amount more and will have to prove themselves. again, the camaro is behind and will play catch up. i think ford will up the displacement and create specialty cars like the bullitt and mach 1 that will match the price of an SS, and i'm guessing this will happen the model year or possibly the summer after the camaro and challenger come out. ford will see how the camaro and challenger will do, and then up the ante like it has done before. the whole reason the camaro and challenger are coming out is because of ford's retro design. and to the guy that said smaller and lighter....the car is pretty light. and size wise, it's needed to fit guys such as islmor who are 6-1. american's are getting taller and most guys are above 6', now i'm not, i'm only 5'9, but still i would probably have been tall back in 1964.

to sum up my argument, i think ford will probably take the 5.4l, or possibly bring back the 5l, and keep it naturally aspirated for the GT's, and in the speciality, i would bet it's gonna be turbo/super.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:20 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

Thank God that Giugaro Mustang will be thrown out the window. It made me want to puke.

I never figured the leader of the pack had to set itself apart. The Mustang sets the standard and continues do to so wether people want to admit it or not.
+1000 even the designer said it was over the top, Gad did you see the inside? Ugh please Ford, pretend it never got built.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:40 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Why do you call the mustang the leader of the pack though? Its not. Its retro looking instead of keeping up with modern times, like the camaro will. Its also considerably slower than the new camaro. I doubt it will keep up with the challenger. On top of that the corvette is faster and even the SRT chargers and magnums are faster. (I know some people say they beat those in races, but its because of the driver. Check out Charger and Magnum forums, theyre FULL of mustang kills)

Ill give the 'stang credit in that it boldy breaks through the gates in the first place - but it doesnt take long before its out-done.

Its time to quit catering to the past - it is the past afterall. We need a modern looking fast and EFFICIENT car. No more 4.6L V8s that still get beat in races. We need a toned down engine, 3.6L is right, with twin-turbos and a much lighter body.

Come on, if you're so caught up on the past why aren't you riding a horse to work? Exactly. The past sucks. The future is now.
Aren't you the guy who can't even keep up with traffic, what the hell you in a Mustang for, it's obvious you don't like it much. Check out the other car forums? You mean the forums where like here it's filled with kills of name that car forums main car here killed the car from another make? Like this forum which is full of Charger/GTO/SRT4/LS1 kills?What do you think those forums will be filled with deaths? Sheeesh get real.No more 4.6 liter V8's that will get beat in races, can't remember the last loss I had, I now have to go looking for twin turbo V6's to lose to, like perhaps an old 300ZX, but then I'll have to spot him, ohhhh about 4 busses...Jack you smoking some bad Ganja, yeah lets go with a V6 and twin turbos because we all know how much faster a smaller engine will be than a bigger one and the horse I'm riding is knocking on 11's door with one bolt on but hey it's a relic and needs a V6 to get with the program.

What the fu*k are you doing in a Mustang let alone here if all you have to offer is negativity and disdain for a car that killed off the Camaro/Firebird and every other supposed Pony car? While you're at it, learn how to drive, if you can't keep up with traffic in your car you simply don't know how to drive plus you don't deserve the car you're in.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:42 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdsguy

ok, let me say this first-- i LOVE camaro's. except the 70's...those i ignore.

now let's hop into the time machine and turn on the flux capacitor. in 1964 1/2, a sporty lil 2 door hit the market and was an instant hit. the msutang began the pony cars. in 1967 when chevy came up to the table with the camaro, shelby came in and made eleanor, one of the most coveted cars EVER! for 43 years, the mustang has been around...that means a lot considering how the camaro came in later and left 4 years ago.

i don't know much about the challenger, i've never been a dodge fan.

you guys keep thinking ford hasn't thought about the camaro and challenger coming into arena. the cars will cost a considerable amount more and will have to prove themselves. again, the camaro is behind and will play catch up. i think ford will up the displacement and create specialty cars like the bullitt and mach 1 that will match the price of an SS, and i'm guessing this will happen the model year or possibly the summer after the camaro and challenger come out. ford will see how the camaro and challenger will do, and then up the ante like it has done before. the whole reason the camaro and challenger are coming out is because of ford's retro design. and to the guy that said smaller and lighter....the car is pretty light. and size wise, it's needed to fit guys such as islmor who are 6-1. american's are getting taller and most guys are above 6', now i'm not, i'm only 5'9, but still i would probably have been tall back in 1964.

to sum up my argument, i think ford will probably take the 5.4l, or possibly bring back the 5l, and keep it naturally aspirated for the GT's, and in the speciality, i would bet it's gonna be turbo/super.
Plus 1 except weight, the Mustang could have been lighter but considering, I'll take it as is.

Quick Reply: Let's hope Ford can learn some more about designing new mustangs