Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

God I hate car salesmen

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: That is how it goes

heh.. car max sux. i went there lookin at their cobras they had. i asked for an estimate on my car. they quoted me $13,000. which is an insult. the trade-in on it is $15,000 easy with a private party sale of $18,000'ish. car max sux.

oh, and the thing about the vettes. you're damn right about that. my mom went to two places to get hers. she got it late 03 and didn't want a brand new one since they depreciate so much when you drive em off the lot. yeah though, the first people wouldn't even let her test drive it. she went to car max and the salesman kept tryin to get her in an auto. she said "no, i want a stick" he says "maybe if you just sit in the auto, you might like it?" she's like "no, i WANT a stick" and he's like "well look over here, there's an auto right there" and she says "look, i want a stick and i want it TODAY! if you can't help me then i'll just leave." he showed her an 02 with 4k miles on it, she test drove it, wrote them a check for 35,000 and drove away. now wasn't that easy?

if salesman only knew my family. when we want something, we don't like waiting. if we're there to test drive a vehicle, odds are we're buying it right there or very very soon.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: That is how it goes

Test driving is easy for me, I pull up, get out and tell them what I like and I want to drive, they get the keys and we go. No big deal at all for me and I'm 19. I test drove everything from trucks to Lightnings to Roush Mustangs. As far as 13k for a 04 trade, I was offered 14k for my 03 w/32k miles on it.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:24 AM
NinoAvila

Default RE: God I hate car salesmen

You want a horror story? It's long and about my ALTIMA but.....Check THIS beast out!! Folks I didn't even know were emailing me because they had googled for "charlie clark nissan" and saw my site.

I ended up with all new badging, a new windshield, new HID xenon head lamps, fresh rubber and rims and a smile from ear to ear.

It doesn't pay to **** off an obsessive compulsive computer geek.

-Nino
Old 01-19-2005, 06:53 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

I went into a local Ford dealership where I bought my stang from. I roll up in there and i'm immediately pounced on by a car salesman. I asked if he had an 2005 GTs I could look at. I was told no, but they had plenty of v6's. I told him I wasn't interested in a v6. To which he replied "Why not? They're actually just as fast as the old 2004 GTs." I said "Uhhh.. No they're not" well, that went on for about another minute. He actually argued with me about it.

So yeah, he brings me in to talk to one of the sales managers about the 05s. The manager tells me the only way I'll get an 05 is if I preorder one. I told him no, I did not want to buy a car I haven't driven. Then he tells me I could take a v6 out for a ride to get a feel for how the GT will handle and what not. I told him no, it's not the same, I'd rather just test drive a GT. Then he keeps pushing for me to preorder one. I only need $1,000 down blah blah. I told him again, I'm not going to commit to a car I haven't driven. He then tells me "Everyone who pre-ordered one didn't test drive theirs, we haven't had any complaints." Then I was like "Uhhh.. I'm not everyone."

OK, so that went on for about 15 minutes. I kinda figured I wasn't going to ever see an 05 at that dealership. I asked about an 03/04 cobra. They had one on the lot but said I wasn't allowed to test drive it. I asked "Why not? You guys let me test drive my GT that I bought about 5 months ago." He actually told me it was because I don't look like the type of person who could get one and that they hate when kids come in and want to test drive their sports cars. That p!ssed me way off and I was like "EXCUSE ME!? I actually WAS wanting to get one. I just bought that GT parked out there 5 months ago from THIS dealership. I put $12,000 down on it and basically bought it the same day I came in to test drive it. You're telling me I don't look interested?"

I stormed out and called up their customer service which got me nowhere. Just had to complain to someone and now I'm complaining to all of you. Anyone else have any lovely Ford horror stories?
Dang...im from northern VA too...a lil south of u , but i work up in mclean..i havent had any problems with ford dealerships in pwc....cowles ford and the new one on the parkway has good customer service and offered to let me test drive one of theyre 05 v6's...(had no gts) but i didnt, just cuz i have an 00 v6 and itll prolly be almost the same thing, just a lil different...but yea go to the new cowles on prince william parkway..theyre decent at least
Old 01-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Phillyblunt474
2nd Gear Member

My friend and i went to the chevy dealer to check out the new C6 since his mom wants one for a new car in the summer (they got a good amount of money to paly with ) So we pull up and we walk in talk to the salesperson for awhile, and i ask for atest drive, of cource i got the no being 20, so we get back in my car, drive back to my friends house, and get into his moms BMW 740 drive back to the dealer, talk to a differnt salesperson, and of cource he said yes, seeing the car we got outta. Shows how sales people work with test drives on high pirced sports cars
Old 01-19-2005, 09:10 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Phillyblunt474

My friend and i went to the chevy dealer to check out the new C6 since his mom wants one for a new car in the summer (they got a good amount of money to paly with ) So we pull up and we walk in talk to the salesperson for awhile, and i ask for atest drive, of cource i got the no being 20, so we get back in my car, drive back to my friends house, and get into his moms BMW 740 drive back to the dealer, talk to a differnt salesperson, and of cource he said yes, seeing the car we got outta. Shows how sales people work with test drives on high pirced sports cars
Definately does, it's all in how you carry yourself.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:22 PM
MustangLuvr

Federal Buyers Remorse Laws allow you to back out of the deal within 3 business days. When they waived those papers in front of your face, you should have claimed buyers remorse, and made them back out of the deal.

Eric
Boise Id
Old 01-20-2005, 05:12 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Was young and dumb at the time.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:39 PM
TruBlu03GT
2nd Gear Member

I work at the parts counter at Freedom Ford in Hampton, VA.....Today we got in a silver 05 GT...The sticker said 28,XXX, with no mark up, the only thing that sucks is that its an automatic....def nice car tho
Old 01-20-2005, 05:41 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TruBlu03GT

I work at the parts counter at Freedom Ford in Hampton, VA.....Today we got in a silver 05 GT...The sticker said 28,XXX, with no mark up, the only thing that sucks is that its an automatic....def nice car tho
Let us know how long is last on the lot.

Quick Reply: God I hate car salesmen