Paintless Dent Repair ?? - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Paintless Dent Repair ??

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Paintless Dent Repair ??

Old 06-19-2007, 07:03 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default Paintless Dent Repair ??

Has anybody had a PDR done on their new body 'stang in the fender line/edge that is just about 2 inches from the fender well? I have a small dent in my rear fender line, and the first guy to look at it said he couldn't do anything with it? I can't post a pic right now, but if you look at your fender, its right in the middle of the line where the fender goes from straight up & down to curving back toward the side trunk panel. The fenders are sort of double walled so you can't feel the dent or get to it from the backside.

If you look at the blown up pic in this post, my dent is in the same spot but its smaller and on the rear fender: https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=3385353

Am I SOL or has anybody had any luck on their fenders with PDR [&:]
Old 06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Paintless Dent Repair ??

I haven't done it, but I've been thinking about it. I've got two on one side and one on the other. All are located pretty close to the same spot. Each is a small dent with absolutely no scuffing or scratching. One was actually on the car when I bought it. I have wondered if these are actually door dings or the result of a structural or design flaw with the car. I remember on my old 85 toyota pickup, there was a string of dimples around the rear fender on each side which were common to many of those trucks as they got older. I was told by a body guy that it was a result of the way the panels were built. Could we have something similar here?

I'll try to get some pictures that show the dents. Maybe we should compare...
Old 06-20-2007, 12:44 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I wish mine was a flaw - then I wouldn't have bought the car. Unfortunately due to my garage parking arangement (VERY close) I did this myself with my '85 while pulling out of tight quarters Its VERY small and not easily noticed, but I know its there and want it gone!!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Mine had a small dent on one of the creases and the dealer told me their usual dent guy couldn't do it. They had to send it to a body shop. I don't think the dent guy can pull things over creases, etc doing the PDR.

I'm no expert tho, just what my dealer had to do with mine.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:45 AM
pork
1st Gear Member

Not on my Mustang but my 04 Screamin Eagle Clasisc had a serious ding in the gas tank, in the middle of the decal. The paintless dent guy did an outstanding job of working the dent out from the inside. I'd have a couple of them look at it before I gave up..
Old 06-21-2007, 12:45 AM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

I had 2 pulled from my back passenger quarter panel just above the wheel well and they did a great job. good as new.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 AM
BlackSpirit
2nd Gear Member

Same here, my buddy took a crease out of that same area; I thought I was doomed, but he did a flawless job on my BLACK mustang.

ORIGINAL: wyldwmn65

I had 2 pulled from my back passenger quarter panel just above the wheel well and they did a great job. good as new.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:25 AM
steve06GT

I just had a dent removed by a PDR guy, he did an outstanding job! the dent was right on the right rear fender wheel lip, a bad spot because there was not much room behind the dent, never thought anyone would ever get it out but this guy did. He worked on it for about 2 hours! Check around your area, I'm sure you can find someone with enough experience to repair your dent, I'm glad I did.

http://steve92003.smugmug.com/gallery/3035392#165103173

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:53 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Thanks guys! So did they massage it from the back side (really can't get to it) or did they use the ole glue pull trick? The guy I talked to said he wasn't sure if the glue pull would work good enough, and he was also worried about the paint coming off [] I guess I'll get a few different folks to come take a look at it this winter, and I'll have the trunk liner and rear Saleen fascia pulled off so they can get any access they might need.